Weekly Check-In 03/19

iVillage Member
Weekly Check-In 03/19
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 12:31pm

Everyone wish a happy birthday to Mayhem!

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 3:32pm

Happy Birthday Mayhem! Wow the 3 months have gone quick! I think I would cry if it snowed right now. Glad the kids got out to enjoy it, we never made it sledding this year with so little snow. Thanks for the tip on the baby powder, that might just help me, I hate the way it feels to have sand on you.

Today has gone really quick.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 5:46pm

Sometimes our kids are too sharp for their own good, aren't they?

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 7:30pm

I didn't get much done today since DD's new kitten decided to wake up @ 5 when Dh got up for work and he wouldn't go back to sleep.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 8:06pm

Good evening ladies!

Melinda (loving Jimmy for fourteen years, a mom to one angel Austin (02/05/03) and Jake (6) as well as Alora (1).....now if i could just figure out how to add a picture)
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-20-2012 - 9:08am

Today's main objective will be to not float away.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-20-2012 - 10:04am

Kashmir - we ended up having to close our door at night when we got our kitten, she would attack our feet at night and she still likes to suck on my clothing. How old is he?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-21-2012 - 6:18am
Ugh, it is way to early to be up. I don't need to get the kids up for another 1/2 hour. My to do list is getting pretty overwhelming right now. I still have to get the laundry from yesterday put away and take in Luke's shorts. I got through 1/2 the uniform order last night but I've still got 15 teams to go. So far so good, all the teams have what they need. It is my first time doing this so I'm worried I'll have messed up somewhere and a kid won't have a jersey. There is junk and clutter everywhere and the kids had a water gun fight last night and got mud on the floors. My microwave cart got delivered yesterday and needs to be assembled. Fingers crossed both the microwave and toaster oven will fit and that will free up a ton of counterspace (which DH pointed out will just get covered in clutter). Cooking, I need to get the stuffed shells done and frozen and the eggroll mix made up. I made a new sig last week and just haven't uploaded it. The one I have Luke is 2 and he's now 4 1/2... sort of low priority! Anyway supposed to be another beautiful day here so maybe we'll just go out and enjoy it rather than looking at all the mess. We are headed back to the 60s this weekend which is still above normal. I wonder what will happen to all the trees and stuff, we have a lot of fruit farms here and everything is budding and getting leaves like it was May.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-21-2012 - 5:11pm

Kim, you're one busy woman!

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-21-2012 - 6:40pm
Rhae, Ugh, sorry you and DH aren't feeling good. Happy anniversary! Hopefully you can get out and celebrate once you get better. That is really cool you can get a pass to get across the border quicker. I wondered since it seemed you had to wait so long each time, it almost didn't seem worth it. I used to live by Detroit and only crossed once after 9/11 and all the extra security and it was a pain. I love good meat deals, I won't buy it regular price either.

Busy day but DH took the older kids to Awanas and JT went too to run errands with DH so I'm alone! If it wasn't so hot I'd settle down with a book and a cup of coffee. It took 2 1/2 hours to do the first 15 teams. I got 10 more done with JT's "help" this morning and I have 1 big box to go. Got Luke's shorts done, kitchen was clean but then I made dinner. Got to all the cooking I wanted, cleaned and vacuumed out the van (yay!!) I have not got the laundry put away and I need to figure out Pikachu ears for Nathan. I thought I had yellow felt but apparently not. So overall a productive day. Nathan has discovered the "Magic Treehouse" book series and loves them. He's been reading on the way to school and on the bus home... reading has always been a struggle with him so I'm excited to see him excited about reading. And to read rather than socialize on the bus... weird! I have to dig out Luke's birth certificate tomorrow. Kindergarten sign-ups are tomorrow night. I really think we'll go with young 5s, not because I think he needs it but because it seems that people put their kids in young 5s based on age even if they are ready for K. And even thought I don't agree that is the point of young 5s I don't want to put him at that type of disadvantage. Now I just have to get DH onboard with it. Well, I'm going to take advantage of my free 2 hours and finish up the uniforms and make Pikachu ears... maybe squeeze in a snuggle with the kitten and a cup of coffee.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-21-2012 - 7:35pm

Melinda (loving Jimmy for fourteen years, a mom to one angel Austin (02/05/03) and Jake (6) as well as Alora (1).....now if i could just figure out how to add a picture)

Pages