Weekly Check-In 03/19

Community Leader
Weekly Check-In 03/19
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 12:31pm

Everyone wish a happy birthday to Mayhem!

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-24-2012 - 7:00pm
Melinda - That is great news to hear DH got the job and starts right away. Sorry to hear about the cage ideas not working out, I'd be pretty unhappy finding little (pooping) bunnies around the house.

Rhae - If everyone just followed the cut off and he'd have other kids his age in his grade I would definitely go for K but he would be over a year younger and being 15th percentile height it is just begging to get him picked on.

Disney on Ice was great. Nathan was too cool to like a little kid show but he was on the edge of his seat clapping along. I had to laugh at the kids complaining after an hour and 15 min drive, when we go to Florida we are looking at 2 days of 10-12 hours each. The other kids all liked it along with nieces. I got a nap in this afternoon and DH even made dinner. The cooler weather is nice but I could do without the clouds and rain.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-24-2012 - 7:09am

well dh got a call late yesterday he did get the new job and starts monday!!!! I ended up helping our niece last night to clean up her house more,so jake missed karate.

The rabbit cage was a bomb....dh didnt like any of my ideas, so when he gets a check he is expecting he is just going to buy the bunnies a cage he says.....we will see i suppose.

Melinda (loving Jimmy for fourteen years, a mom to one angel Austin (02/05/03) and Jake (6) as well as Alora (1).....now if i could just figure out how to add a picture)
Community Leader
Fri, 03-23-2012 - 6:44pm

Melinda, sorry that DH hasn't heard back yet!

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-23-2012 - 2:24pm

Today we are soo exhausted. Its been a busy week. Dh helped his brother this am.

Melinda (loving Jimmy for fourteen years, a mom to one angel Austin (02/05/03) and Jake (6) as well as Alora (1).....now if i could just figure out how to add a picture)
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-23-2012 - 12:52pm

I will spend the day waiting on oDS's ENT to call and the hospital about his referrals.

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-23-2012 - 9:01am
Melinda - I hope you hear back on DH's new job and he can start soon. Have you looked online for ideas on the bunny cage? How are they to take care of and are they ok with the kids holding them and stuff? I need to find some OK suggestions for pet ideas. The older 2 got a pet that they are responsible for when they turned 7 so we have a few more years before Luke will be old enough. I think DH will veto any more cats, he tolerates them but is not a fan.

I'm very excited it is Friday. We are getting the van fixed today so we met DH and he brought us home and he's taking a 1/2 day so he can pick up the older kids from school. The Lorax is at our local theater so I'm hoping we can talk DH into doing that and just have popcorn for dinner. Downside is the 5:15 show is 3D which gives me a headache and the little ones have trouble with the glasses. I'd like to pull the kids out 15 min early from school to see the 2D version but I'm not that kind of mom. I have nothing planned today. It is raining and is only going to be 70. Poor DH had planned to mow this afternoon, I never thought we'd need to mow in March! Tomorrow we are going to see Mickey on Ice with SIL and nieces, I think the younger kids will really enjoy it. Other than that we have no plans for the weekend. Family soccer is Sunday afternoon but I'm not sure if I'll go. Depends on the weather and if JT is crabby and needs a nap. I haven't exercised all week so I should go just to run around a little. JT is clinging to my legs today, so maybe I really won't get anything done.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-22-2012 - 5:47pm

So we helped my husbands niece clean up her house today, we were to late to take things to the dump.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-22-2012 - 7:17am
Our cutoff for K in Michigan is Dec 1st so there are 4 year olds starting K. With all the changes where they are learning to read in K the school districts found the younger kids just weren't keeping up. So young 5s is more than pre-K but less than K and then the following year they do K. Luke is ready for K but I really have trouble putting him there just because he'll have kids 15 months older than him in his grade. Not to mention he'd start college at 17 and DH was one of those kids and it didn't go so well. We know one of the young 5 teachers and she said they can do extra with him like learning to read. He's so ready, I just don't know the best way to go about teaching him.
Photobucket
Community Leader
Wed, 03-21-2012 - 9:16pm

Melinda, it's always sad when friends leave.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-21-2012 - 7:35pm

Pages