Weekly Check-in 2/20

iVillage Member
Weekly Check-in 2/20
Mon, 02-20-2012 - 11:17am

I figured it would be easier to start a new check-in thread every week.

Photobucket

Pages

Community Leader
Mon, 02-20-2012 - 11:37am

Hopefully a productive day for me here.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-20-2012 - 6:29pm
Taylor loves Graham crackers but I also try to stay away from the crackers. He likes craisins (dried cranberries) and I just recently got some raisins. He really likes them. I also get him clementine oranges, bananas, and apple sauce pouches.

Today we went to a friend's house for lunch. We all have babies about the same age, so that was fun. I've made myself a new housework schedule. Today's list includes laundry, including sheets, floors and of course the kitchen. My goal is to hit the kitchen for at least a few minutes every day so it doesn't get totally filthy. I would love a dishwasher, but we just don't have room for one. :( I did get the sheets washed and a load of Taylor's clothes. I guess that means I need to throw in some of our clothes, attack the giant pile that needs put away from last week and to put in some time on the kitchen.

I also need to find the motivation to go run in the mornings, at least 3 days per week. I just have to get out before the wind starts. I love NM but the wind blows like crazy all spring and half the summer. It sucks. Or blows. Hehe!

Manda :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 12:51pm
Yea for jeans! I feel more dressed when I wear pants with zippers but I have my share of yoga pants that I have no intention of doing yoga in.

I did get the granola bars made yesterday and got 3 of the 4 kids to approve of them. The one doesn't like any granola bars. I should have read all the reviews because they came out really sweet so next time I'm going too cut back on the sugar and try doing half butter half apple sauce because they are not exactly healthy. I'm having trouble getting motivated toady. Very dreary here which doesn't help. I need to switch over one more load and then I've got 5 loads to put away, actually just sort, the kids can pretty much do their own putting away except for the little kids shirts. Besides that not really much is going to get done. JT got sent to early nap for drawing on the walls (again!!) so I'm sure he'll be up shortly after Luke lays down. Anyone deal with a wall drawer? We talk about it over and over how we only color on paper and as soon as I'm not looking it is the walls or couches or tables... He refuses to use crayons and if the older kids leave a marker or pen around.... ugh!! Got to get motivated and switch the laundry over.
Photobucket
Community Leader
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 5:16pm

We're just getting into wall drawing.

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-22-2012 - 12:12am
I think we all get to feeling fried sometimes. I know when I'm not getting enough sleep, I have a harder time coping withnormal, everyday annoyances.

I actually went for a run this morning and found another 5k run at the end of March. I'm trying to talk dh into running it with me. I've already got my SILs talked in to it.

I still need to get to the bottom of the clean laundry pile. Ugh. I also need to get some cooking done for the weekend. We're heading back "home" for MIL's bday. I don't have much patience for her these days, but it IS her birthday. SIL asked me to bring beans. I think I'll just make em then freeze em so it'll be easier to haul them over there. I don't wanna drive 3 hrs worrying about spilling beans all over my truck. Mmm now I'm thinking about beans... Yum! I think I'll make extra just for us. :)

Community Leader
Wed, 02-22-2012 - 12:46am

I sure didn't run 5k, but Mayhem and I did walk 4k yesterday!

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-22-2012 - 3:51pm
Haha! Well I didn't run the whole thing either. I probably only ran half a mile and walked about half or a little more. Today I did run 1.5 m, which is only half a 5k, but the trail near my house is hilly and that mile and a half kicks my butt! I need to go to a different trail that's flat, so I can be sure I can still do the whole thing.

Good for you for getting out and walking though! I love walking. It just doesn't make an impact on my body. Even running hasn't changed my body shape any, but at least my blood pressure is normal. This is the best its been in years. :)

One thing I LOVE about where I live is the weather. Yes, the wind really sucks, but at least its warm! We almost never have a freeze past the middle of February, so I've been working onmy flower beds. I transplanted a couple of things cause I didn't like where they were and got all the grass pulled out of the bed in the front yard. This weekend we're going to try to pick up some mulch. The forest we drive through on our way back to our hometown has been clearing trees along the roadway and they leave big piles of mulch free for the taking. Hopefully we'll see some. I'm hoping some mulch will help cut down the grass problem. Its so thick and tough, my hands are bruised by the time I'm done pulling it. Yuck! Anyway, as I was watering earlier, Taylor discovered the leaky hose and proceeded to play in the mud. He had a blast! I'm so glad its warm enough for him to do that. :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-22-2012 - 4:50pm
Very jealous of it being that warm! It has been a super mild winter here, maybe 1 snow over 2 inches which is unheard of here. We get lake effect from Lake Michigan and there are winters we don't know where else to put the snow. Even with the mild winter I'm wishing for summer, I love the hot sunny weather.

JT kept me moving this morning, he just kept following me around asking to help me. We got the kitchen and living room done along with the rest of the laundry put away, made banana muffins. Got about 45 min in on the kinect but the kids took a short nap today so I didn't get tot he kitchen floor. Older kids are done for the week at noon tomorrow so I don't really expect to get much done. I'm hoping the weather is nice because they are really picking at each other tonight and 1 1/2 days of them stuck in the house is going to drive me nuts.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Wed, 02-22-2012 - 5:54pm

Manda, it sounds like you have beautiful weather to be outside!

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-23-2012 - 2:45pm
LOL at getting your coffee table back , we've had that issue! Always good to get extra storage back.

Well I had to go in for jury duty today which threw everything off. DH was able to work from home and watch JT and do all the kid pick-ups. I didn't get selected so I'm home everyone is just hanging out so I should do bathrooms. Kids are playing video games while the little ones nap and I'm really hoping Nathan calms down because he could not stop making noises earlier. Snow storm is supposed to hit us tonight so maybe they'll get to play in the snow tomorrow.
Photobucket

Pages