Weekly Check-in 2/20

iVillage Member
Weekly Check-in 2/20
Mon, 02-20-2012 - 11:17am

I figured it would be easier to start a new check-in thread every week.

Photobucket

Pages

Community Leader
Sat, 02-25-2012 - 12:11am

Well, today was entirely unproductive, unless you count grocery shopping.

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-24-2012 - 9:54am
Ew yuck! My mom was a bookkeeper for my dad's business for like 30 years and just now got a degree (business/healthcare mgmt/accounting). She'd send me papers to edit (benefit of having a teacher in the family) and none of it made any sense to me! I am just not a mathematical thinker and all things involving percents, taxes and such are completely over my head! I guess its a good thing I only had to teach simple fractions and long division! Then I stayed in 3rd grade where I didn't even have to do that much! :)

Manda :)

Community Leader
Fri, 02-24-2012 - 1:28am

Nah, you're not behind the times.

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-23-2012 - 11:13pm
Rhae, I'm sorry you had a crappy day. I'm a little behind the times. What paperwork are you doing? Is there any way for you to learn more about it so you feel more comfortable doing it? Enjoy your tea and movie. Hope tomorrow is better! :) maybe you'll get to see another police truck! ;)

Community Leader
Thu, 02-23-2012 - 10:10pm

I'm going nuts.

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-23-2012 - 5:00pm
Ah! Jury duty! That reminds me I really need to re-register to vote! I registered when I turned 18, but I've moved and changed my name since then. I always feel like a bad citizen when elections come around and I don't vote.

Its windy today, so no playing outside for us. I did notice a hyacinth blooming in my planter on the front porch though. :) We went to Hobby Lobby and ordered the roses for my cousin's wedding bouquets.

Dh called and said we may not go for his mom's bday. Her and the rest of the family may be going on a trip with his brother. He's got to go to San Angelo, TX for work this weekend.

Got some great news though! Dh's brother (the one going to San Angelo for work) went to his cardiologist this morning. A littler over a year ago he got a virus that attacked his heart. At 33 years old he was faced with a failing heart. As a last ditch effort before being put on a donor list, they implanted an automatic defibrulator. It worked, although his heart was working at less than 50% and not expected to recover more than that. Well, this morning his cardiologist said he's at almost 100%! Its unbelievable. So that's why everyone wants to go with him for the weekend, to celebrate. I told dh we couldn't go though. It'll take 3 hrs to get to his mom's on Friday night and another 5 to San Angelo on Saturday morning. Then Sunday it would take 8 hrs to get all the way back home. I don't want to make that trip for just one night with a 15 month old. He barely makes it the 3 hrs to our moms' houses. I'm hoping mil doesn't try putting a guilt trip on dh since we aren't tagging along. She gets all whiny and throws herself a pity party when her kids don't do what she wants
them to.

I did get all the laundry put away yesterday. That was nice. Got the fridge cleaned out and now I'm going to go through the containers and see what needs to be thrown out. I hate when it gets all stained and greasy. Plus we have some randmlom lids, so I need to match up lids with containers. Dh likes to throw away a container he doesn't feel like washing, but leaves the lid sitting on the counter.

Anyway, I've kind of rambled here I think. I tend to do that when I'm irritated. I really hope dh or his mom doesn't try to push us into going this weekend. Maybe we can just stay home. Or maybe still go to our hometown and stay with my mom. She'd love that.

I love hearing how you girls get your kids to help with housework. I can see where it could be motivating.

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-23-2012 - 2:45pm
LOL at getting your coffee table back , we've had that issue! Always good to get extra storage back.

Well I had to go in for jury duty today which threw everything off. DH was able to work from home and watch JT and do all the kid pick-ups. I didn't get selected so I'm home everyone is just hanging out so I should do bathrooms. Kids are playing video games while the little ones nap and I'm really hoping Nathan calms down because he could not stop making noises earlier. Snow storm is supposed to hit us tonight so maybe they'll get to play in the snow tomorrow.
Photobucket
Community Leader
Wed, 02-22-2012 - 5:54pm

Manda, it sounds like you have beautiful weather to be outside!

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-22-2012 - 4:50pm
Very jealous of it being that warm! It has been a super mild winter here, maybe 1 snow over 2 inches which is unheard of here. We get lake effect from Lake Michigan and there are winters we don't know where else to put the snow. Even with the mild winter I'm wishing for summer, I love the hot sunny weather.

JT kept me moving this morning, he just kept following me around asking to help me. We got the kitchen and living room done along with the rest of the laundry put away, made banana muffins. Got about 45 min in on the kinect but the kids took a short nap today so I didn't get tot he kitchen floor. Older kids are done for the week at noon tomorrow so I don't really expect to get much done. I'm hoping the weather is nice because they are really picking at each other tonight and 1 1/2 days of them stuck in the house is going to drive me nuts.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-22-2012 - 3:51pm
Haha! Well I didn't run the whole thing either. I probably only ran half a mile and walked about half or a little more. Today I did run 1.5 m, which is only half a 5k, but the trail near my house is hilly and that mile and a half kicks my butt! I need to go to a different trail that's flat, so I can be sure I can still do the whole thing.

Good for you for getting out and walking though! I love walking. It just doesn't make an impact on my body. Even running hasn't changed my body shape any, but at least my blood pressure is normal. This is the best its been in years. :)

One thing I LOVE about where I live is the weather. Yes, the wind really sucks, but at least its warm! We almost never have a freeze past the middle of February, so I've been working onmy flower beds. I transplanted a couple of things cause I didn't like where they were and got all the grass pulled out of the bed in the front yard. This weekend we're going to try to pick up some mulch. The forest we drive through on our way back to our hometown has been clearing trees along the roadway and they leave big piles of mulch free for the taking. Hopefully we'll see some. I'm hoping some mulch will help cut down the grass problem. Its so thick and tough, my hands are bruised by the time I'm done pulling it. Yuck! Anyway, as I was watering earlier, Taylor discovered the leaky hose and proceeded to play in the mud. He had a blast! I'm so glad its warm enough for him to do that. :)

Pages