Weekly check-in 2/27

Community Leader
Weekly check-in 2/27
Mon, 02-27-2012 - 12:25am
Happy new week! How does this one look for you all?

Pages

Community Leader
Mon, 02-27-2012 - 12:33am
Not looking forward to this week. I got a call from my casual job this morning, asking me to cover the seven am shift. Okay, fine. Visited a friend at his new restaurant after. Very cool. Got home to Monkey complaining of a tummy ache. Not fine. Then he started vomiting through his mouth and nose. Not cool. I'm not sure why we can't stay healthy!

DH is going to be on afternoon shifts as of probably Wednesday, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. If nothing else, it definitely messes with my regular schedule!

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-27-2012 - 11:12am
Ugh - so sorry Monkey isn't feeling good, hopefully it isn't something that spreads to everyone else. I feel your pain on DH going to afternoons. I know DH being here during the day would really mess with my schedule.

We have an OK week. Last week ended crazy so I'm just going with a fresh start this week and cleaning as planned and not worrying about the bathrooms not getting done. I'm going to get a start on the laundry today, spreading it between Mon and Tue seemed to work well last week. I need to make more laundry soap before I can do everything though. I was so-so on the homemade soap but last week I washed our bed spread. I've tried tide, oxyclean, soaking it but the sweat stains from DH just would not come out. I was looking online for a new one but I figured it needed washing even if it looked stained. It looks so much better! I can't tell DH's side anymore. I guess the real test will be when the boys start coming in with grass stains but even tide wasn't getting those out. Overall not a bad week planned. DH got the last of the drywall up in Alex's room so I got a start on the mudding so I'm hoping to work on that after the kids get to bed this week. I stink at mudding so I do a lot of mud, lot of sanding to get it to look like I want it. Oh and I got the rest of the wall paper down in the 1/2 bath. I'm going to need some holes filled in there so makes sense to do it while I am working on Alex's room. It feels so good to actually get working on our "new" house and making it our own.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-27-2012 - 11:39am
I wish I could come over Kim! I love doing stuff like that!

Rhae, I'm sorry your little Monkey is sick. That's no fun. I dread the day when Taylor gets sick like that. He was a super spitty baby, but he's never truly vomited. Yuck! I don't even want to think about it! I hope it doesn't last long. Poor kid.

My plan for the week is to try to build my housework routine and make it more of a habit. Today is laundry, floors, and sheets I think. Wednesday afternoon I'm babysitting for a friend. Her daughter is about a month and a half older than Taylor. It will be her first time to leave her at someone else's house. Thursday I'm planning on hosting a playdate for all our baby friends. Nothing like 4 or 5 one year olds tearing up the house! Hopefully it wont be too windy and they can play outside. Note to self: pick up dog poop Thursday morning!

Manda :)

Community Leader
Mon, 02-27-2012 - 11:59am

Sounds like you've been pretty productive!

Community Leader
Mon, 02-27-2012 - 12:14pm
Manda, the first time Monkey ever truly vomited was when he was a young 3. He was so confused and scared. :( It was awful, but what's even worse is that it seems like such old hat to him now.

Baby playdates are fun! (If a little chaotic.) I hope Taylor enjoys having all his friends over.

Good for you for taking on the routine. Getting started can be hard, especially when you have to juggle other commitments with what you might be able to handle for chores. I hope you don't have too much difficulty with it. It does feel good to know what's happening each day!

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-27-2012 - 9:11pm
My problem is that I'm not an organized person. I don't mind winging it, and that was fine when it was just two of us, but with another little person adding to the mess, the house has really gotten away from me. I'm great at making routines for other people. Taylor eats, sleeps and plays on the same routine every day. I suck at making a routine for myself though. My hope is that now that he seeks to be sleeping like a normal person, I can have more productive days. We shall see!!!

Manda :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 8:50am
Manda That is great he's been sleeping better. A bunch of 1 year olds running around does sound crazy and fun. I'm like you and not organized, and bad at routines. I'm still winging it this week.

Rhae - I'm glad it was just a 1 time thing throwing up. Is this Monkey's first year in school? Our 2 worst years for getting sick was when Alex started daycare and when he started preschool. Even this year with 3 kids in 3 school and 2 districts we have been mostly OK. It does get better!

I'm running on fumes today. DH is sick and when I went to bed he was coughing and snoring and between that and not wanting to wake him up I decided to sleep on the couch. Not as comfortable as I remembered ... But things need to get done. Today's list isn't too bad. I just put the last load in the wash but we need to get it all put away. And I'd like to vacuum the whole house. The kids have done a super job keeping up with the chore chart so far and their rooms and the basement playroom are at least free of things on the floor. I'm going to work toward them cleaning up their shelves and this summer they will be responsible for vacuuming and dusting their own rooms (older 2). Tonight I am hoping to go shopping and get the bulk of the Easter shopping done. I wanted SIL to watch JT so I could go during the day but she's still pretty sick. I just need an excuse as to why I'm leaving after dinner. Pretty unusual for me but I've learned that you need to get the Easter stuff early around here. I don't know what to do for the older kids, the little ones are happy with the basic glo sticks and chalk, frisbees... They are putting a disc golf course in nearby so I was thinking we could get the older kids a starter set of discs but other than that I think I just need to wander to get ideas.
Photobucket
Community Leader
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 1:00pm

Manda, apparently I missed the part where you said Taylor was sleeping better.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 1:41pm

Checking BACK in!

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 3:27pm
We do an Easter basket without candy and then hide the plastic eggs with jellybeans and such... we still have a ton of Halloween candy the kids are working through. So I need to find some inexpensive stuff to fill the baskets.

I'm having trouble getting motivated to finish up the laundry, one more load to sort and I still have to put DH and my clothes away. Vacuumed everything but the family room though. I'm trying a new recipe for dinner so I need to see how long it is going to take and go get the older boys from the bus stop.
Photobucket

Pages