Gypsy's June 2010

iVillage Member
Gypsy's June 2010
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 10:12pm
Well, today started out pretty good, through lunch. But an afternoon snack did me in...I just had to have it. :o\ At least I walked 63 minutes with Mika against a strong wind, and a ramped up pace, plus my 20 min. T'ai Chi Chih and stretching.

Breakfast: 1 med. banana, 1 c. FF milk, 2 c. black coffee, 1 WW Sweet & Salty, 1 Kashi Roasted Almond bar.

Morning snack: Kashi Almond Flax bar.

Lunch: 1 hi fiber muffin, 6 slcs. thin sliced deli turkey, Dijon mustard, 1 c. FF milk, 1 c. low sodium V8, 1 serving stick pretzels.

Snack: MY DOWNFALL, ROFL! :D 7 low fat oatmeal raisin cookies.

Dinner: Gardenberger on sandwich thin, Dijon, lettuce & tomato slices, 1 slc. light Jarlsberg cheese, 2 dill pickles, 1 c. FF milk, 1 ear white corn plain.

Dessert: SF Jello chocolate pudding cup & 1 WW Mint Chocolate Crisp.

With my "cookie monster attack" I used up 15 of my 35 weekly points already, and it's only Tuesday. Will have to accumulate plenty of Activity Points in case I run out, ROFL! :P

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

Photobucket

Strong like a mountain,

Flowing like a river."

~~Tai Chi Chih

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket

Mika Dog

"All things share the same breath;

the beast, the tree, the man.

The Air shares its spirit with

all the life it supports."

--Chief Seattle

"If there are no dogs in Heaven,

then when I die I want to go where they went."

~Will Rogers

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress

can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

~~Mahatma Gandhi

Photobucket Photobucket

Edited 6/2/2010 12:50 am ET by gypsywolfwoman

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 9:21am

Well, today started out pretty good, through lunch. But an afternoon snack did me in...I just had to have it. :o\ At least I walked 63 minutes with Mika against a strong wind, and a ramped up pace, plus my 20 min. T'ai Chi Chih and stretching. Great job on the exercise.....those snacks are strong things!

Breakfast: 1 med. banana, 1 c. FF milk, 2 c. black coffee, 1 WW Sweet & Salty, 1 Kashi Roasted Almond bar. - Good

Morning snack: Kashi Almond Flax bar. - Good

Lunch: 1 hi fiber muffin, 6 slcs. thin sliced deli turkey, Dijon mustard, 1 c. FF milk, 1 c. low sodium V8, 1 serving stick pretzels. - Good

Snack: MY DOWNFALL, ROFL! :D 7 low fat oatmeal raisin cookies. - Oops!!!
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 2:00pm
LOL! Cookie Monster is right! :D But then there is the cracker/chips monster, too! ROFL! :o)

Today is supposed to be a day off from walking. But I may try a 30 min. walk and see how the hip does. My hip is doing better, I'm down to a single Motrin morning, noon and 2 at night at bedtime. I have been on 3 Motrins 3x/day, and then 2 Motrins 2x/day and 3 at bedtime. Yesterday, even with the walk, I used 1 Motrin morning & afternoon and only 2 for bedtime. And I had a pretty good night, too! :)) Perhaps just the few pounds I've lost so far has also helped take the "load off" the hip, too. More to it, though, I think, is my consistent stretching and t'ai chi chih.

Breakfast: Nature Valley Oats & Honey bar, 1 c. FF milk, 1 medium banana, 2 c. black coffee.

Lunch planned: 1 c. FF cottage cheese, 1 3oz. can water packed tuna mixed in, 1 raw carrot, 1 high fiber muffin.

Dinner planned: 1/2 c. brown rice, 1-1/2 c. veggie stir-fry w/ cut up chicken breast, 1 c. FF milk.

Dessert: Angel food cake slice, 1 c. fresh strawberries, 3 T. FF Cool Whip.

It has occurred to me, too, that the huge reduction in points is tough because my "maintenance points" were 34 pts per day (+ the weekly 35s!) and now I'm trying to do 21 pts per day. *Big* difference! :O So, I'm not too worried using up a lot of the 35s, if not all, and some of my activity points earned per week (those unused do not roll over, though, as the unused 35s do not; so each week I start over).

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

Photobucket

Strong like a mountain,

Flowing like a river."

~~Tai Chi Chih

Photobucket

Mika Dog

--Chief Seattle

~Will Rogers

~~Mahatma Gandhi

Photobucket Photobucket

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 8:35pm
LOL! Cookie Monster is right! :D But then there is the cracker/chips monster, too! ROFL! :o) - And you thought the monsters under the bed were tough!!
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-03-2010 - 1:43pm
Well, I gave in to 3/4 c. brown rice last night with the veggie chicken stir fry. LOL! But other than that, I kept to the plan. Today will be difficult and I will wipe out my weekly 35s for sure! :o\ DH is having a yen for our favorite take out fish & chips place. ARRGGGGHHHH! Of all weeks, eh? With me having wiped out the 35s?! ROFL! :D Well, I am going to measure, only have 1 fish fillet, 1/2 c. of their coleslaw (yummy!) and 5 of their fries (at least they change their oil frequently and use healthier oils...that consoles me a little). And, once Mika gets done at the groomer's for her bath & nail & fur trim today, we'll get our walk in. Gotta build up the Activity Points to eat, LOL! :P Didn't walk yesterday as I was worried about pushing too fast back to daily walks... Maybe next week if I continue doing well with the hip. :)

Breakfast: 1 Kashi Roasted Almond bar, 1 med. banana, 1 c. FF milk, 2 c. black coffee no sugar.

Lunch: multigrain sandwich thin w/ 6 slcs. thin deli turkey slices, 1 sm. tomato, 1 c. FF milk, 1 sm. apple.

Snack: I may need one with that lighter lunch and lighter breakfast. If so, I'll have some air-popped popcorn in the microwave. ;)

Dinner: 1 c. FF milk, 1/2 c. coleslaw, 1 fish fillet, 5 fries. :O

Dessert (gotta have that little reward at the end of the day, LOL!): likely a SF jello cup and maybe 1-2 low fat cookies... :P

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

Photobucket

Strong like a mountain,

Flowing like a river."

~~Tai Chi Chih

Photobucket

Mika Dog

--Chief Seattle

~Will Rogers

~~Mahatma Gandhi

Photobucket Photobucket

Edited 6/3/2010 3:33 pm ET by gypsywolfwoman

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-03-2010 - 4:56pm
Well, I gave in to 3/4 c. brown rice last night with the veggie chicken stir fry. LOL! But other than that, I kept to the plan. Today will be difficult and I will wipe out my weekly 35s for sure! :o\ DH is having a yen for our favorite take out fish & chips place. ARRGGGGHHHH! Of all weeks, eh? With me having wiped out the 35s?! ROFL! :D Well, I am going to measure, only have 1 fish fillet, 1/2 c. of their coleslaw (yummy!) and 5 of their fries (at least they change their oil frequently and use healthier oils...that consoles me a little). And, once Mika gets done at the groomer's for her bath & nail & fur trim today, we'll get our walk in. Gotta build up the Activity Points to eat, LOL! :P Didn't walk yesterday as I was worried about pushing too fast back to daily walks... Maybe next week if I continue doing well with the hip. :) - Take the exercise slow....don't want to be down and not able to walk at all.
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-04-2010 - 11:51am
Mika & I had a wonderful brisk 66 min. walk yesterday. We rewarded ourselves by going to the Marina again for our walkabout, near Mika's grooming place. She was ready after the "stress" of all those dogs there, and "getting beautiful." LOL! :P I was successful in measuring my coleslaw for 1/2 c. and eating only 1 fish fillet and counted out the fries. :D Later I had SF Lime jello for dessert + 2 lowfat raisin oatmeal cookies. Into eating my Activity points as my 35s are all gone, but still have some of those left. ;) Today is not a formal walk day, but I have some errands to run and will park as far away as I can from entrances, etc., to get some walking in that way. :P

Breakfast: Natural Valley Oats & Honey bar, 1 c. FF milk, 1 med. banana, 2 c. black no sugar coffee.

Lunch planned: 1 c. FF Plain yogurt, 1/4 c. almonds, 1 c. fresh strawberries. 7 Reduced Fat Triscuits.

Dinner planned: 1/2 c. taco meat/refried beans mix, 2 low carb whole wheat fajita size tortillas, 1 c. chopped lettuce, 1/2 c. chopped tomato, 2 T. FF sour cream, 1/4 c. reduced fat shredded cheese, 1 c FF milk.

Dessert planned: WW Giant Fudge bar.

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

Photobucket

Strong like a mountain,

Flowing like a river."

~~Tai Chi Chih

Photobucket

Mika Dog

--Chief Seattle

~Will Rogers

~~Mahatma Gandhi

Photobucket Photobucket

Edited 6/4/2010 4:28 pm ET by gypsywolfwoman

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-04-2010 - 4:42pm
Mika & I had a wonderful brisk 66 min. walk yesterday. We rewarded ourselves by going to the Marina again for our walkabout, near Mika's grooming place. She was ready after the "stress" of all those dogs there, and "getting beautiful." LOL! :P I was successful in measuring my coleslaw for 1/2 c. and eating only 1 fish fillet and counted out the fries. :D Later I had SF Lime jello for dessert + 2 lowfat raisin oatmeal cookies. Into eating my Activity points as my 35s are all gone, but still have some of those left. ;) Today is not a formal walk day, but I have some errands to run and will park as far away as I can from entrances, etc., to get some walking in that way. :P - Great day and good plans for some mobility!
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-05-2010 - 7:06pm
Huh, am I the only one posting now? :o\ Gonna bore ya...just same ol' same ol' me... Where is everybody? :O

Got in a great walk today, being walk day... 108 minutes total! At a good pace, also! WOOT! for Mika & I. We did good, LOL! :P Also did stretching before & after, plus 20 min. T'ai Chi Chih.

Breakfast: 1 Kashi Almond Flax bar, 1 c. FF milk, 1 WW Sweet & Salty bar, 1 med. banana, 2 c. coffee.

Lunch: 1 multigrain sandwich thin, 6 slcs. thin deli turkey, Dijon mustard, 1 sm. sliced tomato, 1 c. FF milk, 1 serving Ruffles Baked chips.

Dinner planned: Toasted cheese sandwich made w/ 2 slcs. Milton's Multigrain bread, 2 slcs. Kraft Free Sharp Cheddar, 1 c. FF milk, 1 c. Progresso Light Savory Vegetables & Barley soup.

Dessert: Likely SF Jello chocolate pudding + 1 WW Mint Chocolate Crisp. :P

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

Photobucket

Strong like a mountain,

Flowing like a river."

~~Tai Chi Chih

Photobucket

Mika Dog

--Chief Seattle

~Will Rogers

~~Mahatma Gandhi

Photobucket Photobucket

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-06-2010 - 11:51am

Huh, am I the only one posting now? :o\ Gonna bore ya...just same ol' same ol' me... Where is everybody? :O - Been busy the past couple of days with work, and a lot of Girl Scout events this week!

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-06-2010 - 2:16pm
Ended up with SF Lime jello & 2 low fat oatmeal raisin cookies for dessert yesterday. ;) Busy weekend for you from the sounds of it! ;) Thank you for taking time to comment here. HUGS! I am having a pretty quiet weekend, in contrast, LOL! DH is out at the railroad museum, on crew for a public train operation, and was out there yesterday to work on equipment restoration. So, easier for me to keep on track and just do what I want to do, hee, hee! :D

Breakfast today: Granola bar extravaganza: 1 Nature Valley Oats & Honey, 1 Kashi Roasted Almond, 2 c FF milk, 1 med. banana, 2 c. coffee.

Lunch: 1/2 c. Egg Beaters scrambled, 1 slc. Kraft FF cheese, 1/2 c. FF salsa, 1 high fiber muffin toasted dry, 1 c. FF milk, 1 med. fresh orange.

Dinner: 3 oz. roast beef, 1 med. baked potato, 2 T. FF sour cream, 1 c. FF milk, 1 c. broccoli.

Dessert: 1 slc. (last one!) angel food cake, 1 c. fresh sliced strawberries, 3 T. FF Cool Whip.

Besides T'ai Chi Chih, and stretching, I plan on a short walk with Mika. 45-60 min. only...

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

Photobucket

Strong like a mountain,

Flowing like a river."

~~Tai Chi Chih

Photobucket

Mika Dog