Kimberly's April 2006 Journal

iVillage Member
Kimberly's April 2006 Journal
Sat, 04-01-2006 - 6:22pm

I am the mom of two preschoolers, I thought the frazzled icon would be appropriate!

April 1, 2006
starting point (January 2006) 211 lbs
current weight 173
loss of 38 lbs, Woo Hoo!
goal: ????

breakfast: homemade quiche (eggs, ham, corn), cantelope

snack: tortilla with avocado, diet DP
I have a headache again tonight, so I am thinking that they haven't been related to caffeine withdrawal? Still planning on going cold turkey after I finish the last few sodas in the fridge. Not the best, but I can stick with that better than any other.

lunch: Subway turkey on wheat with lots of vegs, mustard (none of that yucky oil & vinegar, no cheese or mayo)

snack: grapes

snack: 1/4 homemade pizza (I was really involved in cleaning out my pantry & didn't want to take a break to eat a real meal, so I ended up eating several small snacks)

snack: yogurt with grape nuts

dinner: (finally!) one small serving quiche, small salad with ff honey dijon

snack: I bought cookies to share with the family, I will eat one tonight and let them share the rest- it is an 8 pack so there isn't as much temptation for me.

water: 104 oz

exercise: I need the embarassed icon- none today. I slept in so I missed my regular workout this morning, I didn't make it to the gym today b/c dh had to work and I was knee deep in my pantries anyway, won't be able to exercise tonight b/c dh is watching a movie so I can't play a video. But I did burn a few calories housecleaning.

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-01-2006 - 6:55pm
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-02-2006 - 8:23pm

Today was a great day!

4-2
breakfast: 1 whole wheat bread with pbj, skim milk

We went to church and I got hungry on the way there and back, all I had in my car was ceral bars, so I had two- one before church and one after!

lunch: the last of the quiche, cantelope, diet DP

snack: 1 c chile ole with cheese & small amount of fritos (I was cooking it for dinner & it smelled too good to wait!)

snack: grapes

dinner #1: broccoli, bread with butter, 1/2 c chile ole (had not planned on that when I did the bread, but I was still hungry so I added the chile ole to this meal)

dinner #2: 1/2 turkey sandwich, asparagus, diluted prune juice

snack: not sure what I will do tonight- possibly some popcorn

water: 112 oz

exercise: I did the "nursery workout" at church this morning- one of the babies was really fussy & the best way to calm her was a lot of bouncing, she really liked "deep knee bends", too.

This afternoon dh abandoned me at Lifetime Fitness and went shopping and to dinner with the kids. I did 31 min on the elliptical (400 calories), 32 min + 5 min cooldown on treadmill (200 calories, +25 for the cooldown), and 20 min on the stairmaster (147 calories) before dh came back for me! It was wonderful & I am so proud of myself for being able to do that much w/o being absolutely exhausted at the end! I am a sweaty mess and desperately need a bath, but I feel soooooooooo good.

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-02-2006 - 11:04pm
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-03-2006 - 7:36pm

4-3

I am still doing prune juice sometimes, I figure it doesn't hurt for me to drink it sometimes & I still have some in the fridge that I hate to waste. But I am back to normal so it isn't really necessary.

breakfast: fried egg, English muffin with country crock, cantelope, skim milk

snack: diet DP (I was at a meeting and I refrained from eating the chocolate covered pretzels, my friends were nice & kept them off the table so as not to tempt me)

lunch: 1 c chile ole with small amount of cheese & few fritos

snack: cookie

lunch #2/snack: steamed broccoli, bread with country crock

snack: tortilla with avocado

dinner: 2/3 c chile ole with small amount of cheese & few fritos

snack: planning on some grapes & 5 crackers, if that isn't enough I will do a yogurt with grape nuts

water: 96 oz

exercise: none this morning- that time change is throwing me for a loop!
planning a video as soon as dd is in bed!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-04-2006 - 3:52pm

I am still doing prune juice sometimes, I figure it doesn't hurt for me to drink it sometimes & I still have some in the fridge that I hate to waste. But I am back to normal so it isn't really necessary. - Sounds like a good plan!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-04-2006 - 9:28pm

Well, I am PMSing right now which means that I am really *hungry*, I didn't make the best choices last night after posting, but I didn't make horrible choices either, I don't think. All of the avocado is gone, but I didn't have any junk food. And it finally made me feel full!

4-4
breakfast: fried egg, English muffin with country crock, cantelope

snack: 1/2 graham cracker with pbj, diet DP

lunch #1: salad

lunch #2: 1 c chile ole

snack: yogurt with grapenuts

snack: 100 cal pack of cookies

dinner #1: grilled cheese, 1/2 apple

dinner #2: 1 c chile ole (I wasn't really hungry at this point, but I knew that we were heading out to exercise & that I would be really hungry if I didn't eat something, so I ate something hearty)

snack: steamed broccoli and bread with butter, maybe some grapes

water: 120 oz

exercise: am- tv workout
pm- 15 min elliptical (different machine than usual & my feet started to hurt, so I quit)
30 min walk & jog on treadmill
1 hour swim with kids

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-05-2006 - 8:02am
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-05-2006 - 7:50pm

4-5

breakfast: fried egg, English muffin with country crock

snack: ceral bar, diet DP

lunch: baked salmon, spinach with dressing, 1/2 baked potato with salt & country crock

snack: grapes, 5 multi-grain crackers

snack: yogurt with grapenuts

dinner: pasta with marinara sauce

snack: planning on steamed broccoli, bread with country crock

water: 80 oz so far

exercise: this time change has thrown my morning routine for a loop! My exercise program is on at 8am and the kids slept in until 8:15. Not that I am complaining about getting the extra sleep, but I miss my am exercise! Working on getting the kids back up at their normal time, or finding a different exercise show.

planning a video once dd is in bed, hopefully soon!

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-05-2006 - 8:51pm

breakfast: fried egg, English muffin with country crock - Good

snack: cereal bar, diet DP

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-06-2006 - 7:12pm

4-6

breakfast: fried egg with ham, English muffin with country crock

snack: tortilla with avocado, diet DP- the last one!

snack: McD's ice cream sundae- AF started and I wanted some chocolate, this way I had the "more healthy" choice of McD's ice cream, but with a little fudge to go with it. It seemed like there was a lot of chocolate since I could stretch it to last the entire sundae. It was good, even if it wasn't the best choice.

lunch: pasta with marinara sauce

snack: grapes and 5 multi-grain saltines

dinner: 1/2 turkey pastrami sandwich (ff mayo & mustard, no cheese), asparagus

snack: 1/2 graham with pbj

if I need another snack tonight I will have a yogurt with grapenuts

water: 88 oz

exercise: 30 min tv workout this morning (the kids went back to their normal schedule, fingers crossed that they keep it up)
planning a video once dd goes to bed, soon I hope!

Pages