iVillage Member
Kimberly's February 2006 Journal
Wed, 02-01-2006 - 7:28pm

Starting point: 211
Current weight: 196
(loss of 15 lbs)
Goal: ???

Wednesday 2/1

breakfast: 1 egg fried with a little olive oil with a slice of cheese on a whole wheat English muffin, skim milk

snack: 2 or 3 small bites of a blueberry muffin, diet DP

lunch: Taco salad (homemade meat with red kidney beans, green leaf lettuce, tomato, avocado, cheese, fat free French dressing), 1/2 c mashed potatoes with skin

snack: fruit plate with blueberries (10-15), 3 or 4 strawberries and about 1/2 kiwi

dinner: salad (spinach, tomato, onion, turkey with fat free honey dijon dressing), 1 slice whole wheat bread with country crock, skim milk

snack (if needed) 1/2 banana

water: 72 oz

exercise: am- 30 minute tv aerobics workout
pm- planning on a 30 minute video soon

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-01-2006 - 8:20pm
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-01-2006 - 8:53pm

I like taco salads, but the reality is that I only know how to cook in "big" quantities and dh has had to work a lot this week so he hasn't been able to help me finish up the meat until tonight. No more taco salads for a while! :)

The weight of 211 was on 1-6. The weight of 196 was on 1-27. I know the weight loss is going to slow down soon, but I am enjoying it for now. :)

Kimberly

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-01-2006 - 9:47pm
That's an amazing weight loss for that short of time!
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-02-2006 - 6:43pm

Thursday 2/2

breakfast: i egg (fried with a little olive oil) made with ham and cheese, 100% whole wheat toast with a little country crock, skim milk

snack: diet DP

lunch: 1/2 cup mac & cheese, cucumbers, sadad (spinach, tomato, avocado, onion, ham, fat free honey dijon dressing)

snack: 100 calorie pack of cookies, diet DP (it hasn't been a good day, I really wanted another soda)

snack #2: McD's Parfait (DH hasn't been home much this week so I took him dinner from McD's to his work so the kids could spend a bit of time with him. I got the Parfait so that I could eat while they ate, but not eat junk- I almost didn't get it, but I am glad I did b/c there were choc chip cookies at his work. I munched my parfait- dd ate about half- and avoided the cookie.) Does that count as my second dairy?

dinner: grilled fish filet (frozen, according to the package it had 3 g Fat and 100 calories), 1/2 cup rice (1/2 brown, 1/2 white prepared with a little butter and salt), green beans

If needed: snack tonight will be 1/2 banana, I don't need it most nights, but I like to have a plan so that I don't rummage through the pantry looking for a snack.

exercise: 30 min tv workout this morning
planning a 30 minute video as soon as dd goes to bed

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-02-2006 - 6:52pm
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2006 - 9:51pm

Friday 2/3

I am wondering if AF is going to start soon. I have had pimples the last couple of days and since I am eating so much better I can't imagine it is food related, and then this afternoon I was incredibly hungry, not the munchies (although I could have munched!) but actual hunger. ????

Today was weigh in day: 192 loss of 4 lbs this week, 19 lbs total

breakfast: 1 egg fried with a little olive oil and onion with slice of cheese on whole wheat English muffin, skim milk

snack: diet DP, bunch of blueberries and 2 chocolate donut holes (I was at a "breakfast" meeting- I planned before hand to eat 2 donut holes as I knew they would be there and I brought the blueberries.)

lunch: turkey dog (o fat, 45 calories) on whole wheat bread with mustard, mixed vegetables, corn on the cob (1/2 ear) with a little country crock

snack #1: 1/2 orange

snack #2: 1 1/2 graham crackers with a little peanut butter (very thinly spread on 1/2 cracker, probably less than 1/2 T), skim milk

dinner: Salad with everything! (spinach, red leaf lettuce, carrots, onion, tomato, broccoli, cheese, ham, avocado, fat free honey dijon dressing), whole wheat bread with Country Crock

snack (if needed): not sure, I was planning 1/2 banana, but I have heartburn tonight and bananas always aggravate my heartburn. It is likely I won't need one since I haven't all week, but maybe some yogurt.

water: 88 oz

exercise: am- 30 minute tv workout
pm- 30 minutes fast paced treadmill + a little light weight stuff for my arms

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2006 - 11:07pm

I am wondering if AF is going to start soon. I have had pimples the last couple of days and since I am eating so much better I can't imagine it is food related, and then this afternoon I was incredibly hungry, not the munchies (although I could have munched!) but actual hunger. ???? - That's a classic sign for met!

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-04-2006 - 8:41pm

I didn't realize that protein would help with hunger. Good to know! And I ended up eating a fat free 100 calorie chocolate pudding last night and it was SOOOOOOO good! :)

2-4

breakfast: 1 egg (fried with a little olive oil) with onion, ham and cheese on whole wheat English muffin, 1/2 orange and skim milk

snack: diet DP

lunch: small baked potato (if I cut it in half it was downright tiny, so I used the whole thing) with skin, topped with cheese, turkey and steamed broccoli

snack: diet DP (bad day!!!!) and 100 calorie pack of cookies

pre-dinner snack (dinner was really late): 1/2 banana

dinner: salad (spinach, red leaf lettuce, tomato, avocado, onion, carrots, cheese, fat free French dressing and croutons since I didn't have a carb), 12 shrimp with cocktail sauce (they were small shrimp, not the tiny ones, but cocktail sized, I wasn't sure how many made a serving, so I may have over indulged a bit. I love shrimp and I haven't had them in forever! They were on sale at the grocery store and I couldn't resist!)

snack: if needed I will probably do another pudding, possibly with a glass of skim milk

exercise: 30 minute tv workout this morning (I almost skipped it and it was bugging me, so I did it!)
30 minutes on treadmill + some light weights this afternoon
30 minute exercise video this evening

It has been a really rough week with dh working ridiculous hours. He ended up working again today and I was so angry at his work and him. Grrrr. I was glad that I didn't have any junk at home because I would have eaten it all (which is why I did the diet soda and cookies for an afternoon snack). It is such a pain to take the kids anywhere, esp with the weather today, so I am glad that I didn't have anything here to tempt me!

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-04-2006 - 9:46pm

I didn't realize that protein would help with hunger. Good to know! And I ended up eating a fat free 100 calorie chocolate pudding last night and it was SOOOOOOO good! :) - Carbs take less calories to burn, proteins take more, and fats take the most.

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-05-2006 - 7:03pm

2-5

breakfast: 1 egg fried with a little olive oil, prepared with onion, ham and cheese, 1 whole wheat toast with Country Crock, skim milk

snack: diet DP and one of those chocolate chip cookies. DH and the kids ate the rest, so they are thankfully GONE! There is no way I have the willpower to not eat one.

lunch: salad (spinach, red leaf lettuce, tomato, cucumber, avocado, carrot, onion, cheese, fat free French and some croutons), 8 shrimp with cocktail sauce

snack: strawberries, blueberries and some almonds, skim milk

dinner: 8 meatballs, whole wheat bread with Country Crock, one bite of asparagus (I remember eating it once and liking it, so I bought some and cooked it- after one bite I threw it away, I must have done something wrong! YUCK!), salad (red leaf lettuce, carrot, onion, tomato, fat free Honey Dijon)

snack: yogurt with a little grapenuts

snack #2: I was *so* hungry, not sure why, so I decided I needed some protein and had a turkey dog with mustard on wheat.

water: 64 oz

exercise: am- 30 minute video
afternoon- 30 minutes on the treadmill, plus some light weights
pm- as soon as dd goes to bed I will do another video

I finally bought a set of hand weights to use sometimes, 2 lbs seemed like a good number. I am ordering some more videos from amazon b/c I know the two that I have will get boring if I don't mix it up more.

Edited 2/5/2006 9:38 pm ET by klpmommy

Edited 2/6/2006 8:50 am ET by klpmommy

Pages