Kimberly's June 2006 Journal

iVillage Member
Kimberly's June 2006 Journal
Thu, 06-01-2006 - 9:20pm

Tomorrow is weigh in day, but to start my monthly journal I like to remember where I began back in January: 211 lbs. Weight last Friday was 164- loss of 47 lbs. Woo Hoo! Not sure if I have a goal yet, at one point I thought 160 would be my goal, but now I am not ready to stop.

breakfast: french toast

snack: couple of bites of yogurt

snack: carrots with guacamole (carrots instead of tortilla, I liked the crunch of the carrots with it since I don't eat chips any more)

lunch: shrimp with cocktail sauce, brown rice with a little butter & salt, salad with ff dressing

snack: granola bar, diet soda

snack: donut - I really wanted something chocolately & the granola bar didn't do it for me so I let the kids "talk me into" donuts. They shared one & I ate one.

dinner: Italian chicken pasta (egg noodles, chicken, carrots, corn with ff Italian dressing, simple & yummy in the summer), steamed broccoli

snack: pbj on graham cracker

snack: planning on some grapes, maybe 8 wheat thins to go with them for a little salt

water: 112 oz

exercise: 30 minutes yard work- I hate yard work, but it needs to be done so for now I am doing this instead of my normal aerobics.

45 minutes at the pool with the kiddos

45 minute walk pushing dd in the stroller tonight- our street is very hilly so it is a good walk

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-02-2006 - 10:43pm

I know that Sue isn't posting right now, but it helps me to know that I am going to write down what I eat every day, so I am doing this for me. :) Sue- when you get back, you can ignore all of these posts in my journal that I did while you were sick. Hope you are back to feeling like your normal self soon!

today was weigh in day: 163, down a lb this week & a total of 48 lbs! Woo Hoo! I am so excited!

breakfast: fried egg, toast with butter

snack: granola bar

lunch #1: took the kids to McD's and rather than get food for myself I decided to finish what they didn't eat- so I had about 2 chicken nuggets dipped in s&s & 1/4 of a parfait.

lunch #2: Italian chicken pasta, guacamole with carrots

dinner #1: hot dog with ww bread and mustard

dinner #2: salad with ff dressing

snack: cheese stick

snack: grapes & 8 wheat thins

water: ?????? somehow I only wrote down 16 oz and I know that is wrong! Must have been distracted today!

exercise: 30 min in the yard this morning
1 hour walk at the park with the kiddos
30 min at the pool with the kids
20 min aerobics to music

I am really trying to not think about "diet" & "exercise" but about eating healthy & being active. It really helps with my mindset, esp irt exercise.

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-03-2006 - 9:55pm

breakfast: pbj on wheat

snack: 100 cal cookies

lunch: chicken (shake & bake), stuffing, beans, broccoli

snack: 100 cal popcorn- shared

snack: 1/2 banana

dinner: salad, pasta

snack: pbj on 1/2 graham

snack: guacamole with carrots

snack: cheese sandwich sounds good

water: 120 oz

exercise: 30 min yard work
45 min swim

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-04-2006 - 9:17pm

breakfast: fried egg, toast with butter

snack: pbj on graham, diet DP

lunch: burger (no bread) dipped in mustard, potatoes au grautin, baked beans

snack: guacamole with wheat thins

snack: cheese stick

dinner: salad with ff dressing, potatoes au grautin, banana

snack: pbj on graham

snack: hotdog on wheat with mustard

I was really hungry this evening, I think it might have been b/c of the dinner without protein.

water: 108 oz

exercise: 15 min high paced elliptical- was going to go swim with the family afterward but that didn't work out

45 min walk pushing the stroller

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-05-2006 - 9:33pm

breakfast: fried egg with one slice of bread as a sandwich (no butter today)

snack: graham with pbj, diet DP (yeah, they are back, I was finding I had a hard time controlling my snacking I really wanted something sweet. This helps.)

lunch #1: salad with ff dressing

lunch #2: grilled cheese, grapes

dinner: baked bbq chicken, vegetable rice

snack: grapes & crackers

snack: rice crispy treat (90 cal)

water: 136 oz

exercise: another 30 min in the yard (and still lots of work to do!)
1.5 hours swimming with the kids
30 min walk- with the added excitement of seeing a snapping turtle crossing the road! I think turtles are neat. :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-06-2006 - 7:39am

I'm BACK!!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-06-2006 - 8:36pm

So glad to have you back! I've missed having you read my journal.

breakfast: the oft requested French toast

snack: pbj on a graham, diet DP

lunch: petite personal pan pepperoni pizza (actually it was a mini, but I liked the alliteration!)- 460 calories- yikes!, 1/4 apple

snack: cookie

dinner: salad with ff dressing, some baked bbq chicken, 1/4 c mac & cheese

snack: goldfish - handful

snack: 1/2 apple

not expecting to need any additional snacks tonight

water: 136 oz

exercise: 1 hour of yard work (yuck, but at least the results are more readily obvious than regular exercise- the yard is looking so much better!)

took a 30 min walk with the kids- they wanted to see the turtle I saw last night, of course he was long gone, but we had fun talking about him

pushed dd in the stroller for about 15 min tonight, somehow I seem to have bruised the bottom of my heel and it is really hurting so I kept the walk short

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-06-2006 - 10:14pm

So glad to have you back! I've missed having you read my journal.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-07-2006 - 9:10pm

I knew I shouldn't eat both the pizza and the cookie, but I had been at the grocery store.....I bought 2 dozen cookies, we ate 6 yesterday & I put the rest in the freezer in baggies with three in them. My goal is to be able to buy regular cookies rather than the 100 cal packs b/c they are cheaper that way. But I have to test myself first! So I have 18 cookies in my freezer & I didn't eat any today! I was tempted, but I refrained. If it goes well once the 100 cal packs are gone I won't buy any more of them. We'll see!

breakfast: fried egg, toast with no butter

snack: granola bar in the car

snack: muffin (at a meeting, but it was mostly healthy homemade one with applesauce, oat bran, etc), diet DP

lunch: I got home and was very hungry so I threw something quick together. carrots with guacamole, vegetable rice

snack: grapes and crackers

snack: 1/2 cheese sandwich

dinner: turkey burger patty only, dipped in mustard, vegetable rice, steamed broccoli

snack: not sure yet, probably a 100 cal pack of popcorn with garlic salt

water: 96 oz

exercise: 30 min yard work this morning
that's it. :( Tonight I have been busy working on dh's Father's Day gift so I didn't exercise. I plan to tomorrow!

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-07-2006 - 10:08pm
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-08-2006 - 8:10pm

I didn't eat any of the freezer cookies again today! But I am thinking about getting one 3 pack out tomorrow- dh gets one, the kids get one to share & I get one. Haven't decided for sure yet, but that is kind of the plan.

breakfast: pbj on whole wheat

snack: guacamole & wheat thins (one serving of wheat thins, which is 17 crackers)

lunch/snack: cheese stick, carrots, shared McD ice cream with the kids

lunch#2: chicken (frozen one that has 2.5 g fat/serving) & salad

snack: 100 cal pack of cookies, 1/2 banana

dinner #1: mac& cheese with tuna & peas, 1/2 apple

dinner #2: chicken, bread with butter

snack: probably grapes

water: 120 oz

exercise: 30 min yard work- after tomorrow I should be able to alternate yard work and my tv aerobics
30 min rollerblading pushing a jogging stroller. The kids really enjoyed it & it was hard work!
30 min in the pool with the kids- lots of arm work today!

It is only 8pm & I am exhausted, having trouble keeping my eyes open at the computer. I am going to take a bath & head to bed, so no exercise tonight & I may not have a snack. Yawn!

Pages