iVillage Member
Kimberly's March 2006 Journal
Wed, 03-01-2006 - 6:45pm

Starting point: 211
Current weight: 184
Loss of 27 lbs! Woo Hoo!

Goal: ?????????

3-1
breakfast: homemade French toast (whole wheat bread, egg, milk & cinnamon fried with olive oil), with syrup, skim milk

snack: one graham cracker with pb&j, diet DP

snack #2: We were out at lunch, I got the kids some McD's and got us a fruit & walnut salad to share. I got to eat about 1/4 of an apple and most of the yogurt there (small amount of yogurt)- the kids got the rest!

lunch #1: 1 c chile ole with cheese & fritos

lunch #2: salad with fat free honey dijon and a few croutons
(I want to try splitting my lunch in two for a while- I have been feeling very full at lunch, then very hungry in the afternoon. I am hoping that by splitting my regular lunch into two small meals it will help.)

dinner: 6 meatballs, 1/2 cup brown rice prepped with a little country crock & salt, steamed broccoli

snack: planning on some shrimp with cocktail sauce! Maybe a pudding cup, too. Not sure.

water: 72 oz

exercise: am- 30 minute tv workout
pm- 30 minute video

I did one of my new videos today. It is Leslie Sansone's Walk & Kick. She does intervals of walking mixed with intervals of kick boxing. I LOVE it. It is very much like the other video of hers that I have (2 mile high calorie burn)- but adds in the kick boxing. She makes it so simple to follow and I really worked up a sweat. She is just so easy and fun.

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-01-2006 - 9:40pm

Starting point: 211
Current weight: 184
Loss of 27 lbs! Woo Hoo! 1-2-3-4 Who are we going to yell for? Kimberly , Kimberly, Kimberly!

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-02-2006 - 7:08pm

3-2

breakfast: fried egg with cheese on whole wheat English muffin, skim milk

snack: 1/2 cookie (I know! I know!!!), diet DP

lunch #1: shrimp with cocktail sauce, 1 whole wheat bread with a little fat free Miracle Whip & cheese, diet DP

lunch #2: salad with turkey, few croutons, fat free Honey Dijon, 1/2 orange

snack: 1 tortilla with guacamole (this is what I get for going to the grocery store in the afternoon- I was hungry or had the munchies, not sure which, and bought guacamole)

dinner: 6 meatballs, 1/2 c of brown rice with country crock & salt, asparagus with tomatoes

snack: planning another tortilla with guacamole- that stuff doesn't last long so I need to eat it within about 24 hours of first opening- I am the only one who will eat it, too. No more guacamole for me for a while after this is gone!

exercise: wasn't able to do my morning exercise :( I had to clean for company & worked up quite a sweat doing that!
planning a 30 minute video as soon as dd is in bed- maybe I will do extra, but no promises! :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-02-2006 - 8:44pm

I did one of my new videos tonight. It was a Richard Simmons 50 minute workout- a lot like his original Sweatin' to the Oldies, but I like the original one better. This one was good- a good aerobic workout. I decided to try it b/c it was longer than my usual workouts. I am glad I did. :)

Kimberly

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-02-2006 - 9:05pm

breakfast: fried egg with cheese on whole wheat English muffin, skim milk - Good

snack: 1/2 cookie (I know! I know!!!), diet DP - LOL!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-02-2006 - 9:06pm
Glad to hear that you liked it....and that you did it!
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-03-2006 - 10:31am

The guacamole I buy is from the deli so there isn't a nutrition label on it. It does have ingredients- avocado, onion, tomato, lime juice, salt. I checked on Fit Day and according to them avocado (1 c) has 22 grams of fat and 235 calories, guacamole (1 c) has 24 g of fat and 271 calories. The entire container I get is about 1 cup and I have been getting four tortillas with guac out of it. Still a lot of fat! But avocado is healthy fat, right? And it does count as a vegetable? Guess I am trying to rationalize my guacamole habit here! But knowing those numbers will help me to limit how often I get it, that is for sure!

Kimberly

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-03-2006 - 11:22am
Yes it is healthy fat, but it still has a lot of calories.
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-03-2006 - 8:48pm

Today was weigh-in day. Starting point was 211, today I weighed 181! Total loss of 30 lbs and 3 lbs this week! I was surprised that I lost 3 lbs this week with going out to eat & all the guacamole.

3-3

breakfast: fried egg with cheese on whole wheat English muffin, watermelon, skim milk

snack: 2 tortillas with the last of the guacamole, diet DP

lunch #1: 1/4 homemade pizza (whole wheat crust, turkey pepperoni)- best I can figure it had aobut 12 g of fat and 310 calories in that slice, 1/2 orange

lunch #2: salad with fat free honey dijon, 1/8 slice of pizza

snack: blueberries & almonds

dinner: 1/2 c of spaghetti (made with whole wheat noodles)- I wasn't sure of serving size, but 1/2 c looks like not much at all!, salad with fat free honey dijon, 1/2 slice of whole wheat bread with country crock

snack: less than 1/2 of a McD's parfait- shared with dd

exercise: 30 min tv workout this morning
20 min on treadmill tonight- I did 3 one minute jogging intervals

have fun with your ils!

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-03-2006 - 9:42pm
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-04-2006 - 6:35pm

3-4

breakfast: fried egg with cheese on whole wheat English muffin, watermelon, skim milk

snack: 1 graham cracker with pbj, diet DP

lunch #1: 1/2 c of spaghetti (made with whole wheat noodles & meat sauce), grapes

lunch #2: salad with fat free Honey Dijon, 1 slice of whole wheat bread with fat free miracle whip & cheese, diet DP

snack: graham cracker- we were out & that is what I had on hand for the kids & I was HUNGRY!

dinner: 6 meatballs, asparagus, 1/2 sweet potato with salt & country crock, skim milk

snack: planning a fat free pudding cup and maybe some more grapes

exercise: wonderful DH let me sleep in so I missed my usual tv workout, but I did one of my videos instead, didn't want to miss another morning exercise!
did 30 minutes walk with jogging intervals on the treadmill
spent 45 min in the pool with the kids- felt good to cool off!

planning on doing my toning video tonight once dd is in bed.

Pages