Any Duckies Still Not Night Trained?

iVillage Member
Any Duckies Still Not Night Trained?
Fri, 11-27-2009 - 1:42pm
I was wondering if there are any duckies who are completely day-trained, but still not night-trained?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-27-2009 - 3:30pm

Kids grow out of night wetting in their own time. Many of them will continue to wear pull-ups at night into elementary school. It is completely normal. You may hear many tricks to try, and in my opinion it is a waste of time. Withholding liquids after a certain time, waking them periodically, etc. doesn't really do anything for the fact that they won't wake up when they have to go.

For me, Jane was dry at night by now, but it took Michael until kindergarten. Joey is wet at least half the time. A number of Jane's friends took until 1st or 2nd grade, and a handful of kids I know were still night wetting through 4th or 5th grade. I don't think it is considered a problem medically until they are 12.

My suggestion is to just continue using pull-ups until she is staying dry for 2+ weeks at a time or more, and not worry about it or make any big deal to her.

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-27-2009 - 4:17pm

I was really hoping she would be out of Pullups at night when she starts school next year.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-27-2009 - 6:37pm
Layna still wears pullups at night and i don't see it ending soon. She uses the bathroom right before bed and doesn't drink anything in the middle of the night and still wakes up wet every morning. Hopefully she'll grow out of it soon, but it's not a really big deal to me if she doesn't. I know there is really nothing i can do to night train her...she just has to grow out of it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-27-2009 - 9:25pm
Kevin stills wears pull ups at night too and like Grace drinks water before bed and sometimes during the night.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-28-2009 - 12:37am

One day out of the blue Vincent just started going on his own the morning and not any more at night.

siggysummer2009.jpg picture by briansillywife

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-28-2009 - 10:00am
I'm dealing with the same thing as you. Conner also takes a cup to bed at night, and DH is furious that he wears a diaper at night. We had it so easy with Cameron because he night trained in one day, but Conner...who knows..I need advice also!!

Photobucket

thtwins4.gif image by spowells3

Photobucket

preview image

thtwins4.gif image by spowells3

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-29-2009 - 11:31am
I would consider DS night trained, but there are times that he wakes to go pee and his jammies are a bit wet. I never make a deal about it. I refused to put pullups on him at night because I felt that he would never learn that he wet himself. When he was having full blown accidents at night he would wake right away wet. It was just a matter of getting him to realize/wake BEFORE he peed. I told him that if he wakes and needs to pee for him to yell at the top of his lungs "mommy I need to pee" and I'll come running,lol. It seemed to work.

Photobucket
src="http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e158/stepoutd/Project1.png">

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-30-2009 - 1:45pm
Thank you for your replies everyone.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-30-2009 - 2:59pm

Blake potty trained when he was 2 1/2 and up until two months ago he was in a pull-up/diaper at night.