Anyone else feel overwhelmed

iVillage Member
Anyone else feel overwhelmed
Thu, 09-17-2009 - 4:26pm

with life after going back to work? I know thousands of women work and raise kids so it really can't be that hard can it? This is my 3rd week back at work and I feel so overwhelmed. I get up at 5:30 every week day so I can exercise for 30 minutes. Because of Liam breastfeeding it may take me an hour to get that 30 minutes in because of having to stop to nurse him, but I try. Then it is getting myself and both kids ready and fed and in Liam's case fed and fed again, LOL! Take the kids to my mom's, then work for 4 hours, rush to my mom's to feed Liam, rush back to work for another 4 hours. After work it is cook dinner, clean up, give baths and get kids ready for bed, snuggle/read stories, breastfeed probably 5 times in there(since he isn't eating during the day except for my lunch break he makes up for it when I am home), get the kids in bed, do laundry, pick up the house, get lunches ready for the next day, wash and pack pump stuff, pay bills, try to talk for DH for at least 5 minutes, try to get in bed before midnight and get up with Liam several times to nurse before the alarm goes off again at 5:30. I guess maybe I am being selfish but everything is just rush rush rush and I don't even get 5 minutes to sit down and read a book much less watch a TV show. I wouldn't have any computer time if it weren't for my iphone or slow times at work. I just feel like I am juggling a hundred balls and any second I am going to drop one and then they'll all come crashing down. I don't know how much longer I can keep up this pace. It wasn't this hard when I went back after having Lily. Someone please tell me I am not the only mom who isn't super mom.

lovefeelingaction.gif image by okiefrmuskogeebg50.gif image by okiefrmuskogeeLorieblinkie.gif image by okiefrmuskogee

thstarprince.gif Mommy's little prince image by okiefrmuskogeeblinkie_AP_breastfeedingmommy.gif breastfeeding mommy image by okiefrmuskogeethap.gif Mummy's Princess image by okiefrmuskogee

Powered by CGISpy.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-17-2009 - 5:46pm

So I don't work out of the home, but I completely understand!

siggysummer2009.jpg picture by briansillywife

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-17-2009 - 6:10pm

Thanks Kelly! Coming from you that means a lot. I do consider you super mom, LOL!

I really didn't find having a second child made life harder until I went back to work. I was really enjoying having a 2nd child and thought things were going well until I had to add work back into the picture. Work just messed it all up.

You are right about it being hard on a marriage too. My marriage is strong, but the last few weeks have been hard. I feel bad for whining about this when your hubby is on another continent, but we miss each other. Because of how much Liam is nursing we aren't even sleeping in the same bed anymore. We are lucky if we speak 20-30 words to each other a day. Heck we text each other more than we actually talk, LOL! We know these days will quickly pass so we are trying to tough it out and sneak in time where we can. It is just hard though.

Thanks for listening to me and letting me know I am not as alone as I feel. :)

lovefeelingaction.gif image by okiefrmuskogeebg50.gif image by okiefrmuskogeeLorieblinkie.gif image by okiefrmuskogee

thstarprince.gif Mommy's little prince image by okiefrmuskogeeblinkie_AP_breastfeedingmommy.gif breastfeeding mommy image by okiefrmuskogeethap.gif Mummy's Princess image by okiefrmuskogee

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-17-2009 - 10:09pm

Lorie...

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-18-2009 - 1:01am

I don't have any advice but I am where you were 3 weeks ago as I prepare to go back to work and I am a mess in fear! I have LOVED being home and haven't thought that it was all that hard of a transition but I fear what is to come.

None of us are supermoms and I just have to keep that in mind and hope you do to! I hope like Kelly said that it gets better.

(((hugs)))