Anyone feeling VERY overwhelmed? Tips?

iVillage Member
Anyone feeling VERY overwhelmed? Tips?
Sun, 03-22-2009 - 11:09pm

I have felt so overwhelmed for like the last month. I can't put my finger on what exactly is making me feel like this (I've tried), although I have some ideas.

I've also felt overwhelmed with housework. Any tips on getting that under control? It seems like baby steps don't work and it's all or nothing for me but I can't quite find the time to do it *all*. I'm also the type that when I get overwhelmed I want to do nothing and avoid everything- hence the reason I'm on iVillage when I have a million other things I should be doing!

What do you do when you are feeling overwhelmed or like your life is out of control? TIA!

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-22-2009 - 11:23pm

You know.. I too feel like that and respond the same way you do.. .just don't do it and it gets worse!!!!!

I am busy with school, work, moving, DH, AD and baby on the way so I know the cause of mine but I don't always handle it all as well as other times and I don't know why there is a difference.

One of the things that seems to make a difference for me is sleep.. are you getting enough?

Powered by CGISpy.com

<A href="http:

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-23-2009 - 7:14am
when I feel overwhelmed, I try to accomplish something, to do something that will help restore a sense of control: clean a closet, mop, organize something, but I know that sometimes one's energy is drained and you just can't get started, but even taking off small bites helps me feel back in control a little more.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-23-2009 - 10:37am

I remember feeling that way (especially) when Kenniston was about 5 or 6 months.

siggysummer2009.jpg picture by briansillywife

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-23-2009 - 10:37am

I was feeling like this a lot so there are things I do now to make sure the housework gets done but not feel like I'm constantly overwhelmed by it.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-23-2009 - 1:54pm
Colleen, I follow a routine VERY similar to yours, and reading what you do just gave me a little motivation to keep going, because it isn't always easy to stick to it (like, I have a sinkful of dishes right now)! Thanks for posting all that!! :)

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketnivri_bug.jpg image by AprilDucklingsspowells.jpg image by AprilDucklingsPhotobucket

Photobucketthreelittlepeas.jpg image by AprilDucklingsokiefrmuskogee.jpg image by AprilDucklingsPhotobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-23-2009 - 2:47pm

Aww, you guys are great! You all are definitely more organized then I am but I appreciate all the tips. I guess we just need more of a schedule, sigh.

Colleen, you are right. I use to do a major chore each day so that they would all get done but you're right....I feel like I am always cleaning but my house is never clean at the same time! Ha ha

I've opened the windows and gotten the "looming" chores out of the way so I feel much better. Now, if I only had control over the other stuff in my life that I think is overwhelming me!

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-23-2009 - 4:37pm

Overwhelmed?