is this appropriate?

iVillage Member
is this appropriate?
Fri, 06-02-2006 - 2:23pm

OK, so not to monopolize the board but I am going nuts here about the work stuff. I had posted in our ec about my boss calling and trying to get me to come into a meeting and telling me not to bring DD even though I am on leave with no one to watch her, hello?!?

Anyway, she has called twice this week and sent me multiple 'urgent' emails--wants a response in les than 24 hours. heck, in less than 1 hour I think. she just left a message this afternoon asking me a question that she called and we discussed and decided on 2 weeks ago. Maybe she doesn't remember but she needs to figure stuff out on her own, I am on leave.

So I am emailing back and want to be appropiate with her but send a subtle 'leave me alone dang it' message. I only have 1.5 weeks of leave left and I want to enjoy them with my daughter, not working from home. Does this sound ok:

My schedule next week is pretty full so I may not be able to get to stuff right away. Lots of loose ends to tie up before I return to work the following week.

I like where I work mostly and usually get along with her ok but she does have boundry issues so I want to nip this in the bud now. It is also annual review for raises time so I have to be a little careful:)

thanks again and I think with this I will be done with my insane work questions for a while!

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-02-2006 - 2:28pm
Sounds good to me. I might add something like, "If it can wait, I would be more than happy to address it when I return to work and can give it my full attention"
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-02-2006 - 2:33pm
sounds good to me too :) I agree with Kim on the little extra at the end.....hopefully your boss leaves you alone now darnit!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-02-2006 - 2:33pm
It is hard to say what to do. Does the place you work have an HR department that you could speak to? Do you get paid hourly, or salary, and are you being paid for your leave? If you not being paid for this work, I wouldn't think you would have to do it. I think that if you are unable to get any back up from an HR department I would simply tell her that you have some personal things you have to handle before you get back & will be unavailable until you return to work. If you really want to stretch the truth, you could also say that you won't be in town.
Good Luck.
Heather
Heather Pictures, Images and Photos

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-02-2006 - 2:53pm
Your boss is SO lucky to have you!! I think your e-mail sounds so nice - but maybe on the verge of too nice. The comment about not being able to get back to her right away might send the message that, although you're busy, calling/e-mailing is still ok. I would probably try to nip it in the bud and call her. I'd tell my boss that I wanted to quickly touch base with her today - because I would not be available next week. Don't give details - but if she asks you can say its for personal reasons. That way you eliminate communication on your last week home...can avoid lying to her...and still come across as a responsible employee. What a tough situation! I'm so sorry you have to deal with all the stress right before returning to work. Good luck and try to enjoy your last week home!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-02-2006 - 3:36pm

I think you have been handling it well so far

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-02-2006 - 3:43pm
Sounds good and I agree with Kim on adding that line.
Jenn

Pregnancy%20ticker