beaufort south carolina -anyone help?

iVillage Member
beaufort south carolina -anyone help?
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 6:33pm
ok - going out on a total limb here - we need a total life change and for some crazy reason I have become hooked on a little southern town named beaufort in south carolina - I know absolutely nothing about it, but it seems like the place I would like to live - historic beach town, good schools, small town with lots of cultural areas...or at least that is what the website says ;) - has anyone heard of this - anyone know anything about it? am I totally crazy??????

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 6:44pm
My DH and I have been there and love it.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 6:50pm

It is much easier for me to go through here b/c my mom and everyone else I know will think I am off my rocker - I think DH already does. He HATES his job - desperately wants to quit but the only way he ever will is if we move away -

Do you think a place like Beaufort would be too "southern"? is there any place in NC that you can think of that is a beach town, but still cultural and good schools?

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 7:35pm

I personally like NC for their schools and would highly recommend Wilmington/Wrightsville NC.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 8:28pm

I mapped it, and it is in a beautiful area. Right by Hilton Head, and Fripp Island, not far from Isle of Palms, all great vacation spots. I had a friend when Jane was 3, that chose to move near there in SC, because her DH is a school teacher and she stays home, and the cost of living there is less. I kind of lost touch with her, but they were very happy last I talked to her. In MN they were in a tiny two bedroom house, and they were able to buy so much more there.

My concern would be moving so far from family if you are close to them now. I don't know how helpful they are to you or how often you see them now, but that is a huge consideration. We moved 700 miles away from my grandparents when I was 9, and there is a big difference in the relationship you have when you only see each other once or twice a year.

If you do decide to do it, now is a great time, before the kids start school. You will meet people easily through your kids, through school and sports. Good luck if you decide to go for it.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-06-2010 - 1:35am

I have heard of it, but don't know anything about it.

siggysummer2009.jpg picture by briansillywife

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-20-2010 - 6:52am
Beaufort is a GREAT little town! I live in Jacksonville, FL about 3 hours from Beaufort and love it. I was just there 3 weeks ago, in fact.