Cape Cod Question

iVillage Member
Cape Cod Question
Fri, 03-20-2009 - 9:29pm
Ok - we are looking for a vacation spot for this summer - my sister, her DH and then 6 month old baby, my parents and DH, C, E and myself... my sister lives in cali - my parents and I live on long island in NY - we are looking for a spot for a week long vacation. We all love the beach, so we are leaning to a beach vacation. We want to get a house - My sister wants Cape Cod, DH and I would prefer N or S Carolina or Fire Island on Long Island - for those who vacation in Cape Cod, what are your thoughts - (BTW - DH just told me that he is putting a "no ivillage sticker on his computer - he is not happy that I am using his computer when I should be searching for houses:) )

Powered by CGISpy.com

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: krassta
Fri, 03-20-2009 - 9:39pm
I LOVE Cape Cod! We usually go once a year for a week every September. The weather is gorgeous at that time, not too hot, not too cold. Plus it's 'off season' so it's cheaper. There's a zoo, aquarium, museums and all those cutsey shops there. I highly recommend it. We stay at Pine Grove Cottages in Sandwich when we're there ( www.pinegrovecottages.com ) I really can't say enough great things about it :)

Lilypie Expecting a baby TickerLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
In reply to: krassta
Fri, 03-20-2009 - 10:15pm

Hi Stacey,

I've never been to the other places, so I can't compare, but the Cape is great. I think you need to be aware that some towns are more full of t shirt shops and that sort of thing, where others are more remote and quiet. Generally, the further out you go, the quieter it is, but you'll be further from shopping and restaurants too.

My bff in high school's family had a house in Truro, which is way out near the end, and it was a really beautiful area.

Chris and I have been going to the islands for about 10 years. We used to switch back and forth between Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket, but now we tend to stick with Nantucket. Both are GORGEOUS, but really expensive. The beaches are a little quieter though, and the towns are so charming, it's ridiculous.

If you want to do some house hunting, check out http://www.weneedavacation.com/

Good luck!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket