Check In: Duckies in School!

iVillage Member
Check In: Duckies in School!
Tue, 09-21-2010 - 9:44am

Can you believe that many of our duckies have started SCHOOL?!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-21-2010 - 9:51am

What grade is ducky in (ie. junior kindergarten, preschool, etc.)?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-22-2010 - 11:57am

That is awesome that she did so great!

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-22-2010 - 1:58pm

What grade is ducky in (ie. junior kindergarten, preschool, etc.)? Joey goes to preschool on MWF mornings fro 2.5 hours.

Does ducky walk to school? Take a school bus? Is ducky driven to school? I drive him

How did ducky do on the first day of school? He is in the same classroom he was in last year, with half the same kids, a different main teacher but the same assistant teacher. He did just fine. That room is so perfect for him, with a few crafts/art projects set up, the painting easel, a sensory table, and lots of other toys, that he behaves incredibly well in there.

How did YOU do? I did great :) His class is through the school district, and has a parent ed portion to the class. We meet on Fridays with the parent educator. We get to spend the first 15 min on those days in the classroom doing art projects with the kids, or any other activities with them that she has set out, and we get to come back for circle time at the end. I really enjoy the parent ed, not only for all I've learned from the parent educator, but from the other parents, too, and it is a great place to meet other moms.

Does ducky seem to like school? He loves it. It has been a little adjustment for him, getting used to 3 days per week after being home all summer with a rather loose schedule. I think he gets so busy and there is so much to do that he plays mostly by himself and doesn't really talk about the other kids much. He is much more drawn to the girls, especially the quiet ones.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-22-2010 - 7:08pm

What grade is ducky in (ie. junior kindergarten, preschool, etc.)? Joey is in full day preschool (the same school he has always been in - but now in the preschool program) 3 full days a week.

Does ducky walk to school? Take a school bus? Is ducky driven to school? DH drives there, I pick up.

How did ducky do on the first day of school? How did YOU do? GREAT! He loves the program and is learning so much - letters, numbers, and they incorporate such FUN stuff for them to do - he really loves it and has a few good friends that have been with him since they were babies.

Does ducky seem to like school? Loves it. I enrolled him this month in a cooking class and he is coming home with all kinds of goodies that he baked. They give us the recipes and he gets a journal with everything he makes in it as a keepsake. Cute.

Anything else you want to add? Next year he will start kindergarten at the regular public school - half days Mon-Fri. He cant WAIT to take the bus, even though the school is literally 5 minutes away (Im going to let him go on the bus if he wants to!) :-)

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 9:35am

What grade is ducky in (ie. junior kindergarten, preschool, etc.)? Preschool - a class geared towards 3 & 4 year olds.

Does ducky walk to school? Take a school bus? Is ducky driven to school? I drive her, though she'd give anything to be able to get on the bus with her boys (her brothers).

How did ducky do on the first day of school? How did YOU do? She did fine - she loves school, and loves her teachers. I was a bit teary, but nothing like I will be next year in Kindergarten.

Does ducky seem to like school? She loves school, she loves her teachers - but this is the preschool her brothers went to, and she's known her teachers all of her life. It will be odd next year when nobody is going to school there. Not sure what I will do!!

Photobucket

DSC_4424
DSC_1103
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-26-2010 - 12:05pm
emma1.jpg picture by canadianmom85
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-27-2010 - 12:44pm

I'm chiming in late.

What grade is ducky in (ie. junior kindergarten, preschool, etc.)? Pre-K

Does ducky walk to school? Take a school bus? Is ducky driven to school?

I take her every morning and either me or my mom pick her up depending on the day.

How did ducky do on the first day of school? How did YOU do?

Lily did great. She went right in the class room and never looked back. I didn't even get a hug or kiss bye. When I got home I went around shutting doors to keep Liam out and I lost it when I shut Lily's bedroom door. I was fine up until then, LOL!

Does ducky seem to like school?

She hates all the rules that don't make sense to her, but she loves all the crafts they do and the socializing. She has so many friends and much to our dismay has already been kissed by a couple of boys in her class.

Anything else you want to add? Nothing I can think of.

augpotm1b.gif Liam picture of the month picture by okiefrmuskogee

Photobucket

lovefeelingaction.gif image by okiefrmuskogeebg50.gif image by okiefrmuskogeeLorieblinkie.gif image by okiefrmuskogee

b5.gif picture by okiefrmuskogee

loveduck.jpg image by okiefrmuskogee