Didn't think she'd be like this...

iVillage Member
Didn't think she'd be like this...
Wed, 11-04-2009 - 10:39am

until she was 13 or so. Lily is driving me nuts. She is arguing about EVERYTHING. I mean absolutely everything. She will do things just so she can argue about it. Anytime we say something to her that she doesn't like (pick up your toys, its time to eat dinner, etc.) she throws a huge fit, kicking and screaming and sometimes even crying hysterically. I am fed up. I've tried time out, taking things away and spanking her. Spending extra time with her, loving on her, praising her when she's good. Nothing is working. She's even telling me and DH that she hates us and that we are mean to her. The other day she told me that she didn't care what I said or did she was going to do what she wanted. She doesn't want me going to work and will hide when it is time for me to leave or just flat out walk up and smack me. She won't kiss me or hug me except for in the evenings when I get home from work. I am at the end of my rope with her. She's obviously crying out for something. Boundries, love, attention? I don't know, but nothing I try is working. Sigh.

lovefeelingaction.gif image by okiefrmuskogeebg50.gif image by okiefrmuskogeeLorieblinkie.gif image by okiefrmuskogee

thstarprince.gif Mommy's little prince image by okiefrmuskogeeblinkie_AP_breastfeedingmommy.gif breastfeeding mommy image by okiefrmuskogeethap.gif Mummy's Princess image by okiefrmuskogee

Powered by CGISpy.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-04-2009 - 12:13pm

WOW .. that IS a lot to take from a 3 year old ... clearly something's not right .. but sadly, I don't have any suggestions. I will offer (((HUGS)) but know that a cyber hug doesn't help you out tons. :-(

Hopefully someone else will come along with some great advice!!! Hang in there .. kids are constantly going through phases and seasons of life .....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-04-2009 - 1:59pm

I'm actually wondering if it's a stage b/c I was just talking to DH last night about how I'm at my limit with Nathaniel. He has to argue about every single thing I ask him to do & whines & complains about cleaning up 2 little toys. He'll lie about it or go & clean something else up instead. I think it's just time for me to crack down b/c I think I've been letting him get away with too much.

So my advice will be to stay constant with your expectations & punishments & hopefully we'll break through this stage!

(((Hugs))) b/c it is SOOO not fun!

Photobucket
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-04-2009 - 4:33pm
Do you think it's a reaction to the baby? She's not getting all the attention anymore, and she doesn't like it?
Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-04-2009 - 5:12pm

She looks so sweet in all your pictures, I don't know if I believe you!

Is all the time or does there seem to be some triggers? Does it happen more when she is tired or hungry? I've learned that there are some times of day that I am going to get a reaction like that no matter what is going on, and other times Joey is great. Michael is almost 10 years old, and between 4pm and dinner time I get that kind of reactin when I ask him to do his homework or anything, unless I give him a snack first and let him relax for a minute after school. Once that food kicks in and his blood sugar levels out he is a completely different person.

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-04-2009 - 5:49pm

Lorie, I totally understand. I have been going through something similar with Sammie just in the last week. And it's really confusing to me because she's always been my sweetheart, the "good"one. Now she is like baby PMS on wheels. Like you, I've tried approaching it from all angles. Even at this very moment, she is lying on her bedroom floor screaming at all of us because "no one is playing with me!!! no one likes me!!! Ahhhhhhh!!! Uhhhhhhh!" for absolutely no reason. It is total insanity.

I have vague memories of doing this crap to my mom when I was little. I have a snapshot memory of myself standing in the kitchen, hands on hips, yelling up at my mom and getting major attitude (about what, I don't know). I can remember throwing huge fits in my bedroom for no reason.

This HAS to be a phase. Pray for patience and wisdom!!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-05-2009 - 1:34pm
Thanks Sandra. I keep repeating this too shall pass, LOL! :)

lovefeelingaction.gif image by okiefrmuskogeebg50.gif image by okiefrmuskogeeLorieblinkie.gif image by okiefrmuskogee

thstarprince.gif Mommy's little prince image by okiefrmuskogeeblinkie_AP_breastfeedingmommy.gif breastfeeding mommy image by okiefrmuskogeethap.gif Mummy's Princess image by okiefrmuskogee