Divorce question...

iVillage Member
Divorce question...
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 2:41pm

So now that Zoren is here and I'm not exhausted from working, chasing the two girls & being pregnant, I'm ready to move forward with my life, and despite my best efforts, it comes down to divorce.
So, since I'm little-miss-totally-anti-divorce, I thought i might be good to get some input before I start spending the money I don' have on lawyers...

If you've been down this road, do you have any advice for me? Anything you wish you'd done or not done, or any experiences that I could learn from?

Thanks! :)

zorensiggy
zorensiggy
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 3:21pm

Here is my advice (from the perspective of a child who went through it).

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 3:47pm

Ditto to everything above.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 11:04pm
Oh big (((HUGS))), Kristi!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-03-2009 - 12:14am

Canadian input coming up....Go to the family law office in your area and apply for temorary custody until your divorce goes through. no lawyer needed you just fill out paper work and the court house here has an free advice lawyer you can see at the court house so check that out. Dido to what others said about not sugar coating things. Also add in the things you did to try and help the situation and keep him involved with the kids regardless of his actions. It make you look good. They DO NOT like a parent who is possesive and is going to be uncoopperative witht he other parent and make things hard on the childen. Definetely check out legal aid. Though phone them first to set up an appointment and find out what paperwork to bring. There's a fair amount and its annoying having to go back cause your missing something.

The family law office as well as legal aid can answer any questions other than that:) GL It's a long process but worth in it the end if its what really needs to happen. Don't fell bad you put your best foot forward and just cause you are a strong believer in marriage

emma1.jpg picture by canadianmom85