Divorcing

iVillage Member
Divorcing
Mon, 08-30-2010 - 12:30pm

I don't want to get into specific details but I need for you guys to know what's going on. Jeff and I have been dealing with some issues for quite a while and we've been trying to work things out, including marital counseling, but we have been unable to. We filed for divorce last month and we are now living in separate houses. Robin seems to be dealing with the changes pretty well, but she's always been a VERY adaptable kid. She doesn't know that mommy and daddy aren't married anymore, but she does know that our family now has two houses. She's actually REALLY excited about having two bedrooms. During this transition time, we are all still spending time together. We even all spend the night in the same house from time to time.

Luckily, things are very amicable and Jeff and I are still very good friends and we get along well. I am actually still working with him at FIL's company with no plans of that changing. We work together extremely well.

At this point, we've really only told close friends and immediate family so please don't mention this on FB. I just wanted to let all of you know here because I consider you part of my extended family and you a huge support system. Plus, I didn't want a huge freak-out from y'all when I change my relationship status w/ Jeff on FB after the divorce is final.

Jeff and I both seem to be dealing with it pretty well now. When we first decided to split up, I was a complete mess. We both were. That whole time period is a blur. But, now I think I've somewhat come to terms with it (either that or it just hasn't completely hit me yet) and I'm functioning pretty well.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: robinsmama
Mon, 08-30-2010 - 1:22pm
(Hugs) Glad Robin is adapting to the changes easy. That will make it soo much easier on you guys.
emma1.jpg picture by canadianmom85

Lilypie - (P355)

emma1.jpg picture by canadianmom85
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-30-2010 - 1:35pm

Holly, you know

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-30-2010 - 3:17pm
Wow Holly, I am so sorry.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-30-2010 - 4:36pm
I'm so sorry to hear of your divorce, but highly commend you and Jeff for keeping Robin as the focus while going through this. Many hugs to you all.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-30-2010 - 5:33pm
Holly, I am so sorry you and your family are going through this.