Does the "Easter Bunny" hide eggs?

iVillage Member
Does the "Easter Bunny" hide eggs?
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 12:43pm

Just a quick question...what are your traditions for your egg hunt?

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 12:59pm

When I was a kid, my dad would hide the eggs in the house overnight while my mom made up the easter basket. I'd do the hunt in the morning before church and whatver I didn't find I would resume after church. One time, my dad hid the eggs so well I was still finding them at Christmas time! LOL (plastic eggs with candy inside, not real eggs)

I made the same tradition with Lizzy. It hasn't ever been nice enough to do the hunt outside, so after she goes to bed I hide eggs in easy spots, and the basket in an easy spot. This year if it's nice out, I told Jim I'd hide the eggs outside in easy spots while she was still sleeping, since she sleeps late. If it's crappy out again then I'll hide them inside again.

Lilypie Expecting a baby TickerLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 1:02pm
Just because we go to so many egg hunts, we have decided that the EB brings the baskets and goodies and mommy and daddy hide the eggs :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 2:14pm
When I grew up the Easter Bunny always hid the eggs.
Spring Siggy
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 3:33pm
We will color eggs, just for fun. We will leave out plastic eggs, empty for the bunny to hide. He fills & hides them, and fills their baskets. We also do several hunts, but they know that only the one at home is the "real" Easter bunny. DD thought she saw something Eastery in my closet the other day, but I was able to convince her that it wasn't what she thought, and lecture her about snooping. She knows that my closet is where gifts are hidden, and since her b-day is coming up she better not peek. My rule is if you peek, you don't get it.

Heather Pictures, Images and Photos
Heather Pictures, Images and Photos

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 3:41pm
When I was a kid, the bunny hid the eggs. We don't do that now, though. The bunny leaves a basket but that's it. We go to our friends house each year and do Easter there. Each of us fills a dozen of those big eggs per kid we have and then we combine them all and hide them. The kids know we do it :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 4:05pm

At our house the EB brings baskets and hides them.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 4:51pm
My parents never taught us about the Easter bunny, so eggs were always hidden by my parents or other family. We didn't do Easter baskets either. Now that I have Lily we do Easter baskets and tell her the Easter Bunny brings them. We hides the eggs though just like my parents did.

lovefeelingaction.gif image by okiefrmuskogeemom2princess.gif image by okiefrmuskogeeLorieblinkie.gif image by okiefrmuskogee