Ducks on bikes!

iVillage Member
Ducks on bikes!
Fri, 09-11-2009 - 11:13pm

How are the ducklings doing riding their bikes?

Joey wasn't too interested in his most of the summer. We would try here and there, but he would get scared, or forget to brake, or fall over and get hurt and not want to ride again for awhile. This week, all he wants to do is ride his bike (with training wheels, of course).

I can't believe how much he has improved in just a few days. On Tuesday we were out, and I could barely leave his side, and I'd have to help him along almost every time he stopped. When going down a small hill, he could never remember to hit the brakes and would get scared. Today, he is buzzing all over the place. He doesn't forget his brakes, and his favorite thing is to act like the big kids and stand up on his pedals while he rides. I really need to get my camera out tomorrow, because he is so cute!

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: jnellia
Sat, 09-12-2009 - 9:40am

Noah would never use the pedals on his tricycle. He could, but he wouldn't. So, last Christmas he got a strider bike. He does amazing on it. He can "pedal" with his feet and get going really good and then he picks his feet up and rests them on these little peg type things. He can balance and coast for a really long way.

This is from 4th of July, which is why it's all decorated :)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-12-2009 - 3:16pm
I've never seen one of those before. What about brakes? Just their feet? We have a few small hills around here, and the slowing down and stopping is what has been harder than to get going.
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-13-2009 - 2:23am

Like Noah K has a balance bike.

siggysummer2009.jpg picture by briansillywife