Ducky Bedrooms (Boys:)

iVillage Member
Ducky Bedrooms (Boys:)
Wed, 09-09-2009 - 2:17pm

Just wanted to see what you ladies have done for decorating your AD's "big kid" bedrooms.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-09-2009 - 2:46pm

I will try and take some pics of RJs room tonight...It is still the light blue from nursery...I bought a patchwork comforter (red, tan, blue (light and navy) from PB.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-09-2009 - 3:17pm
Noah's room has blue walls and carpet as well (HATE the carpet :) but Target had a Woolrich reversible Duvet that is Navy on one side and Red on the other. We have solid red sheets. We don't have the duvet on there yet as N just uses a blanket at this point as well but we will need to use it this winter. We have white everything else, trim, dresser, closet doors, blinds...

Powered by CGISpy.com

action=view&current=thchristmas_1.gif" target='_blank'>

Powered by CGISpy.com

<A href="http:

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-09-2009 - 8:12pm
We're just

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-09-2009 - 10:38pm

I lucked into a sale at the Polo Outlet Store for Nolan's bedroom.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-10-2009 - 8:11am
Here is Joe's room:

Photobucket

We DID go with a theme, but just because Joe absolutely LOVES cars, trucks, or anything with wheels - and absolutely LOVES his car bed. The bed is a twin, and the actual car was pretty inexpensive - so when he is pretty much over it, I just have to buy a head/foot board for the twin bed. His furniture is wood so it wont be hard to match. I put the red panels on the furniture but they came with about 5 different colors, or just take them off to have just the wood finish (which will probably work better as he gets older).

DH picked the blue on the walls (I love it) and it will go with any kind of change we make in there - the decals on the wall and the wall border peel right off (LOVE this) with no residue, so it will literally take me 5 minutes to take that down when Joe wants to change it up. We also have some hockey paintings on the other side of the room (I didnt get a pic) that DH's Dad did (he was an artist).
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-10-2009 - 11:20am

Rachel,

I am so glad that Noah was not with me when I opened this post because he would DIE over that room!!! :)

We almost got that bed too and I love it for a kids bed. I also love that it was a twin just like you said.. Sorry for the post hijack but thought I would tell you I love his room (so would Noah) even if it is a theme which I also wouldn't normally want.