Emily and Oliver are here!!!

iVillage Member
Emily and Oliver are here!!!
Fri, 06-04-2010 - 10:39pm

Emily Grace and Oliver Vincent were May 28 at 38 weeks! Emily was 6 lbs, 9 oz and 18.5 inches long. Oliver was 6 lbs., 4 oz. and 19.5 inches. He was born 2 minutes before Emily! This first week has flown by, and they're doing great.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-05-2010 - 1:55am

First let me say a HUGE congrats to you and your family! Emily and Oliver are just 100% precious!!!!!! Thank God for taking such good care of you and your babies during their arrival as it sounds incredibly and unnecessarily traumatic (except the high BP). You are one GREAT baby growing mama as both of your twins born at 36ish weeks were born larger than both of my singletons born at term :) GREAT JOB! I am sorry things w/ bf'ing didn't turn out as planned but hopefully it will allow you to get more rest since others can feed the babies should you choose.

I hope that the older kids are doing well and according to FB it sounds like you have a great family support, which also is fantastic! Vent or chat here whenever you need it.. you know that is what we are all here for :)

HUGE HUGS and lots of rest wishes coming your way!

Powered by CGISpy.com

<A href="http:

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-05-2010 - 10:42am

Congrats Jaime!!!

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-05-2010 - 2:00pm

Jamie - I am so sorry you had such an awful experience. I hope you are able to put it behind you and move forward. I do think that you need to voice your frustrations to your OB. She needs to know how upsetting this was to you, so hopefully she can do things differently with future patients. Please feel free to vent your feelings here, for as long as you need to. We are here for you.

Your babies are absolutely beautiful. I hope you have lots of help during your recovery. I'd love to hear how the older kids are doing with them.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-05-2010 - 7:01pm

Oh, Jamie, I just feel sad for you and how that birth experience turned out. I hope you can somehow let your OB know your feelings, since this seems like it was so unnecessary. I'm glad you're on the mend now :-)

Those babies are just way too much cuteness all at once. A huge congratulations on adorable and healthy twinsies! How are the big kids doing with the transition?

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-05-2010 - 9:43pm

Thanks, girls! I actually feel a lot better having written it all out like that. I just needed to "talk" about it and organize my thoughts, and I knew you all would understand!

The older three kids think the new babies are awesome... so far, we're not having any jealousy issues, not even from Abbie. It has helped that our families have been taking them to do lots of fun things, so they've had the time of their lives this week. And we've been letting Abbie sleep in Ben and Sammie's room in a toddler bed, which makes her feel like part of their "team". They give the babies kisses and always want to help feed them and hold them. It's very sweet. I hope it lasts! :)

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-06-2010 - 3:23am

Jamie, I am so sorry that your birth experience was so rough.

siggysummer2009.jpg picture by briansillywife

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-06-2010 - 9:37am

Jamie, those babies are gorgeous! I'm sorry the birth experience wasn't perfect, and I hope you can put it behind you quickly.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-06-2010 - 12:19pm
Jamie...I'm so sorry for the rough birth experience. You are right though...the most important thing is two healthy babies...which you did PERFECTLY! I hope things are going well and keep posting those pictures...they are adorable!
MaySiggy1.jpg picture by Castilia33
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-06-2010 - 10:09pm
Congratulations, they are both so beautiful.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-08-2010 - 7:36am
Jamie - Congratulations! Emily and Oliver are absolutely beautiful! I hope you are healing well from the c/s.

Photobucket

Pages