Feeding team apt today, now stressed...

iVillage Member
Feeding team apt today, now stressed...
Wed, 09-09-2009 - 10:24pm

beyond belief!

Today we had a team apt which consisted of the lady on the feeding team whom we've been seeing since DS was born; the dietian, and behavioural therapist.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-09-2009 - 11:02pm

Stephanie (((HUGS))) I'm sooo sorry for your extremely stressful day. Wish I knew what to tell you .. but sadly I don't - just wanted you to know that I'd pray for you and hope that you all can agree on what the next steps should be. I'd be inclined to think that you could make the ultimate decision ... as you're the mom and will always have his BEST interest .. they are just his doctors/advisors etc.

BTW - that IS a lot of food and I'll tell you right now ... the only item in that particular meal that my ducky would eat is the bread. LOL

GL with all this and I pray that tomorrow will be less stressful for you. KUP!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-09-2009 - 11:29pm

Stephanie,

Like Sandra, I am so sorry for your rough day!

One thing that sticks out to me in this is I remember you saying that the ped. was worried about his weight and noone else was. This is (for me at least) confirmation that the ped. is overreacting to the weight. Braden weighs a good amount for a 3 year old and it is obvious that his other Dr.s agree or they wouldn't have given you this plan.

Also like Sandra said, that IS a lot of food and Noah would also not eat that much. The kids will eat when they are hungry and Noah will often times skip a meal (usually dinner) and not eat much at all. I also used to worry. I don't worry much any more because he doesn't loose weight. At this point they are not gaining much very quickly anyway.

I would try their approach and monitor his weight on your own and if you see it decline then maybe address the issue at that point. I would guess that he will stop gaining at the fast rate he was but he will not loose.

I can only imagine how hard it is to step back from everything you have been told to this point and from what the ped is saying (which we all here think is crazy and you know us as experts right? ;) and refocus. Hopefully it will all turn out great and Braden will start to feed himself. If you do this for several days in a row I think he will get used to it and start eating more and more.

((((HUGS)))

Tomorrow is another day and it WILL be better :)