Food at AD's birthday party?

iVillage Member
Food at AD's birthday party?
Wed, 03-18-2009 - 9:32am
What food (other than cake) are you serving at AD's birthday party? I am trying to get ideas... we're doing appetizers only. So far, I am having a veggie tray, a Mexican layer dip w/ tortilla chips, Buffalo chicken dip, but I need a couple more ideas.

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketnivri_bug.jpg image by AprilDucklings

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-18-2009 - 9:47am

We are going the easy route (and cheap) and doing Little Caesars pizza.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-18-2009 - 3:01pm

Cheese cubes, melon pieces, and little smokies!

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-18-2009 - 3:11pm
I'm doing sloppy joes with chips, cheese/crackers, veggies/dip, and probably potato/macaroni salads(store bought). I did pizza last year so wanted something easy and cheap again!

Lilypie Expecting a baby TickerLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-18-2009 - 5:28pm

I forgot we all have such different kinds of parties... yes, Amie, I'm having a grown up party. Just a small party this year, so just family, which is much older kids (like 12 & 16) or infants. So the food is really for adults.

I would love to do just cake and ice cream (or the sundae bar sounds like so much fun! Maybe next year!!) but I tried that last year since I just had a baby, and MIL insisted on bringing meatballs. So it was going to be cake and meatballs unless I did more. So I ended up doing a big spread of heavy apps to save face. I figured I'd bypass the passive-aggressiveness this year and just do the snacks like people want. I'm not doing mealtime food because it becomes such an ordeal with our families.

Thanks for your help, ladies!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-18-2009 - 5:40pm
Mmmmm...meatballs and cake.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-18-2009 - 7:45pm
How about a spinach dip with cut up bread pieces or crackers, tortilla chips, or breadsticks, mini calzones or mini bagel pizzas (kids and adults love this) - do you want to stick with just cold appetizers or hot too?
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-18-2009 - 7:52pm
I was thinking of doing both cold and hot... I actually mentioned mini pizzas to DH earlier. I think I'm good on dips (have the Mex dip, Buffalo chicken/cheese dip, and veggie dip) but need some more finger-food type things. I need to dig into some recipe sites tonight maybe... I'd like to try something new and different than my old standbys. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-18-2009 - 9:08pm

Ooh - stealing the ice cream sundae bar idea!

We usually do a cookout with all of the family there.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-19-2009 - 10:44am
Man, am I far behind or what? Conner's b-day is at the end of April, so I haven't really started planning anything yet, man I better get it together!

thtwins4.gif image by spowells3

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-19-2009 - 10:49am
LOL... I think you have plenty of time! Ben and Sammie's birthday is April 1. And Abbie's is March 28, so that's when we're having the party. :)

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketnivri_bug.jpg image by AprilDucklingsspowells.jpg image by AprilDucklingsPhotobucket

Photobucket

Pages