I've had it!
Tue, 03-31-2009 - 12:26pm
I am

Powered by CGISpy.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-31-2009 - 1:10pm

Oh big hugs to you.

I have found that when I let Jacque help with doing her own hair its easier. I sit her in front of the mirror with a little comb to comb her bangs. Then that way she feels like she is helping. Not sure if that would work with Lilly but its worth a try

Photobucket
3yr old siggy
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-31-2009 - 1:50pm
I used to battle with Amelia on her hair, too, but something changed a few months ago (not really sure what). These days she gets to pick the barrettes she wants in her hair, and what I do to her hair (with in reason). That seems to help quite a bit. I know I've tried the trick where as soon as her hair is done, she can comb my hair (which she likes). Also, I have DH make a big deal of how pretty her hair looks combed... so now, she jumps up and goes running afterwards to see what he says. It's so funny (she then comes running back to tell me "Daddy say pretty!"). I hope you figure something out!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

DSC_2429_cr
DSC_1103
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-31-2009 - 2:14pm

She has such pretty hair.

Have you tried doing it in front of the tv to distract her? I remember struggling with Jane with this for a long time too. Has she had it trimmed recently? I know bad ends tangle worse than fresh cut ones. Would she let you loose braid it for bed so it doesn't tangle so much at night? Good luck.

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-31-2009 - 2:50pm
Thanks ladies. I have tried everything y'all have suggested. We even spent 30 minutes in Wal-mart one day letting her pick out her own hairbrush. Then another 30 minutes letting her pick out hairbows/clips which she still won't let me put in her hair. My DH took her Saturday to get her hair cut, they cut off two inches, and he said she was a perfect angel. Didn't scream or cry at all. So I am really thinking this is some kind of power struggle for her more than it actually hurts. As soon as we take her to get dressed in the morning she starts talking about how she doesn't want to get her hair brushed. By the time we are done dressing her she is in tears and begging me not to brush her hair. Could it possibly hurt that bad? Of course when I tell her we are going to get her hair all cut off she cries and begs me not to do that either. She got hysterical with me one day because she told me that she loves her pretty long hair and doesn't want it cut off. This morning she was actually throwing things at me so I couldn't get near her! Of course that is when she got her butt spanked but really why the drama over just brushing her hair? I just don't get it. Even my youngest sister who is notorious for not even liking to be touched because it bugs her doesn't understand what Lil's deal is. Lily isn't like this about anything else. I just don't understand.

lovefeelingaction.gif image by okiefrmuskogeemom2princess.gif image by okiefrmuskogeeLorieblinkie.gif image by okiefrmuskogee