Jamie - Let us know Ts reaction!

iVillage Member
Jamie - Let us know Ts reaction!
Tue, 10-06-2009 - 6:26am
Can't wait to hear Tim's reaction to your news!

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-06-2009 - 8:26am

So I had texted the pic of the BFP to Tim's personal cell phone (he has a BB for work), and never heard back all day! He finally got home, and I met him at the door, expecting a big deal. He was like, "Hey, babe! Um, why are you looking at me like that? What's wrong with you?" LOL!!! Turns out he had left his phone in his pants pocket from the day before and NEVER GOT THE MESSAGE! So I had nothing planned to say and just stood there frozen, like, "Ummmmm" until I finally blurted out "Guess who's knocked up again?" LOL! His eyes got really big, and he said, "Really? REALLY!?! We're having another baby!!!" and he got all misty eyed and just hugged and kissed me!

Anyway, he is over the moon happy and keeps patting my tummy. He wanted to sit next to me all night so he could be next to the baby. It's so cute. He is such a good daddy that I knew he would be as thrilled as I am. :)

Thanks for asking! I love that you girls are so pumped! I have a feeling that a lot of people in our lives will have negative things to say about this pregnancy, so it means a lot that you all are so happy and excited! :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-06-2009 - 9:01am

I couldnt wait to hear the reaction, too!!!!

How cute your DH wanted to sit near you to be near the baby!!! Dont worry about what other people think. Ultimately this is YOUR family, and YOUR decision, and once that precious baby arrives the people who have anything negative to say now will probably feel pretty bad about it. Just enjoy and be happy that you are so very blessed. There are many in this world who give anything to have a beautiful child (let alone 3 with one on the way!!!!) :-)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-06-2009 - 9:18am

Awww - how sweet! Too funny .. you're sitting there waiting and wondering why he'd not responded - oops! Stinky day to leave his phone at home. LOL ;-)

So .. I knew you wanted lots more babies and such .. were you trying, not preventing ... or completely got through with all appropriate protections?! ;-)

So, fun!! Yay for another baby .. did you tell the kids yet or will you wait?! I'll live vicariously through you as you have your 4th!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-06-2009 - 9:36am

No, we're not telling the kids yet. We want to be sure everything's going well before getting them involved.

And as far as birth control... we were definitely not trying for a baby, but we don't and won't use contraceptives. I always kept track of when I ovulated, and that worked for us in between my first two pregnancies, and then for 18 months after Abbie. I actually was going to start researching the RIGHT way to do NFP when this happened! So this baby is a surprise, but not an accident -- KWIM?

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-06-2009 - 11:00am

I feel for you telling people, because everyone feels they have the right to ask you if this was planned. I don't mean the other people in this thread, because you implied as much and were just asked for clarification. When I was pregnant with Joey and Barrett, that drove me crazy. I think my own mother and MIL were the only ones that never asked us if the babies were planned. Thy both were, by the way. I used to think up snarky responses, but I'm too nice in the end to use them and usually just said yes, they were planned.

Anyway, I love Tim's response!!! I am so happy for you that you are both excited. We waited to tell our kids until the 12 week point with Joey and until my first ultrasound with Barrett. We told them before we told anyone else, and then let them do most of the telling. That was kind of fun. They even called the grandparents and shared the news.

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-06-2009 - 11:26am

Jamie, what a cute reaction from DH. I love it!!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-06-2009 - 12:45pm
Yeah, we got the same thing when I had Abbie. I had 16 month old twins when I found out I was pregnant, and people just assumed it was an accident -- even my grandma was like, "Well, you'll be alright... these things just happen sometimes." LOL! Abbie was planned -- we just got her on the first try (same as the twins).

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-06-2009 - 12:50pm

Jamie

NFP has always worked for DH and I since we have been married. It helps that my cycles are SUPER regular. We will definitely be continuing this form of birth control, since neither I nor he would want to do something permanent (tubal or vasectomy) and while I was on the pills for a while before I got married, the thought of taking them as I get older just seems like a bad idea to me.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-06-2009 - 3:16pm
Awww so sweet. It is too cute your hubby wanted to sit next to you so he could sit next to the baby. You are very blessed.

lovefeelingaction.gif image by okiefrmuskogeebg50.gif image by okiefrmuskogeeLorieblinkie.gif image by okiefrmuskogee

thstarprince.gif Mommy's little prince image by okiefrmuskogeeblinkie_AP_breastfeedingmommy.gif breastfeeding mommy image by okiefrmuskogeethap.gif Mummy's Princess image by okiefrmuskogee