Lily's first day of Pre-K

iVillage Member
Lily's first day of Pre-K
Wed, 08-11-2010 - 4:24pm
Today was Lily's first day of Pre-K. She was so excited. I let her pick out what outfit she wanted to wear last night and she was begging to get dressed this morning, which like never happens, LOL! When we got to her classroom she marched right on in with no hesitation. The teacher told her to pick out the name tag with her name on it and then she went over to "the circle" to watch a video. I didn't get a kiss or hug or anything. :( When we arrived at the school to pick her up I could see her sitting on the playground crying. All the parents were lined up in their cars waiting for the teacher to match their sign to their child so I had to wait about 5 minutes in line while watching her cry. It was tearing my heart out and I was so worried that she'd had a bad day. When her teacher brought her to the car she told me that Lily was upset because "her new best friend Jenna left earlier and Lily wanted to stay and play with her". Lily cried the whole way home about Jenna and how she wanted to stay with her. So I think it is safe to say she had a great day and will be more than happy to go back tomorrow. :)

Here's some pics:

Lily's 1st day with Liam

Being Silly

Trying to look sweet

When I picked her up.

Crying at pickup

lovefeelingaction.gif image by okiefrmuskogeebg50.gif image by okiefrmuskogeeLorieblinkie.gif image by okiefrmuskogee

b5.gif picture by okiefrmuskogee

loveduck.jpg image by okiefrmuskogee