Lonely in the swing

iVillage Member
Lonely in the swing
Thu, 06-01-2006 - 10:35pm
My DH (9.5 weeks) is reaaly learning how to communicate with me. When he's in the swing and he's bored or lonely he'll just start whining. It really makes me sad... the sound almost makes me want to cry. It makes me feel guilty as though I'm neglecting him. I don't leave him in there for very long. Is it normal for him to react this way? If I sit down next to the swing (while I chow down my dinner he seems much happier.)
New Siggy... January 2009
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-01-2006 - 10:52pm
yeah, Liz is the same way, except even if I sit by her, she will still whine and cry for mommy to hold her...we don't get much use out of the swing just yet....I was suprised tonight, she let me eat half of my dinner before she started crying because she was hungry...she was just swinging away, staring at the fishies on the swing...I was so shocked!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-01-2006 - 10:56pm
I haven't pulled my swing out, yet, but Amelia's that way whenever she's not being held. My slings are REALLY coming in handy - as that is where she is happiest (where she can see me, and feel me, I think).
Image hosting by Photobucket
DSC_1103
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-01-2006 - 11:11pm
I've noticed Kaitlyn doing that now too. I'll put her in the swing which is normally fine, but she seems to be able to see me across the house when I'm in the kitchen and start whining and crying until I pick her up. It's exhausting for sure, but I have another mouth to feed besides her so I gotta do it sometimes!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Kim mom to Rachel 10-5-03 and Kaitlyn 3-25-06
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-02-2006 - 7:19am
Cailyn is the same way! She likes to know you're nearby. I think its perfectly normal. I just try to keep popping into her line of vision and talking to her!

summer siggy
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-02-2006 - 9:55am

Yes Joey does that too - and it breaks my heart - I can tell the whimpering "Im lonely" cry from the hungry one, or wet one now - that one is definitely the saddest but I have to put him down from time to time to get stuff done - plus I know if I hold him all day it will make it worse in the long run. Hang in there - they really do know how to pull at heartstrings, dont they???

Rach

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-02-2006 - 10:43am
Ryder used to be very content sitting alone and staring off into space.

CC1.jpg Christmas Card 09 picture by cecil6601

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-02-2006 - 10:51am

Santino is the same way, and I feel so guilty leaving him in his swing for any period of time. But, he wants to be held all the time, and I just can't neglect my four year old. I cuddle with the baby a lot during the day, and sometimes I just need to put him in there to spend some time with Anthony. I hate hearing that little whine though...it makes me feel awful.

Steph

Kiddos Snow Thank you Terra for the siggy!
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-02-2006 - 11:04am
I tend to only put my dd in her swing when I know she is tired. It will put her to sleep in a matter of minutes and I get a chance to play with my ds. Sometimes she will just sit in it and look around, but we usually have the radio or TV on so that noise gives her something to listen to. My DS is really bad when she starts to whine. He does not like his sister to be upset!!! So maybe if you try some kind of noise he will be content for a little longer...Allowing you to get more done!!
Becky
Mckayla 4-30-06
Zachary 9-16-03
PhotobucketI love my husband
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-02-2006 - 11:12am
Kaitlyn does that sometime too.
Jenn

Pregnancy%20ticker