More than 1 kid in diapers?

iVillage Member
More than 1 kid in diapers?
Sat, 06-03-2006 - 8:05am

OK--so yesterday afternoon I put my 2 year old on the changing table and actually started to put a newborn sized diaper on him (he wears a size 4)!!! He looked at me really funny! LOL I must have been really tired!!!! Has this happened to anyone else with more than one in diapers??? Or am I the only crazy, sleep-deprived mom??? Also, I called my baby girl by her brother's name several times yesterday! I've done that with my boys before--called them by each other's names inadvertently. But I've never done it to her before--and come on, she's a girl! I swear I've lost so many brain cells with each birth it's a wonder I can carry on a coherent conversation! LOL I REALLY NEED A NAP TODAY! HEHE

Shannon :)
Wife to Joey
Mom to Colton--6, Wyatt--2 and Avery--6 weeks old

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-03-2006 - 9:23am
lol, yes I have a 2 1/2 year old who's in a size 5 and actually I've put the 5 on my dd.....I also constantly mix up my boys names and plenty of times I have referred to my dd as he...duh!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-03-2006 - 9:33am
lol, shannon, haven't been there, but I had to laugh....don't worry, I've gone to put shirts on DD's butt before :P it didn't quite work out....I guess it's losing brain cells from the kids and the drugs they give us for c-sections...that's pretty powerful stuff in my opinion :D hope you get some rest today!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-03-2006 - 3:06pm

About mixing up names . . . we grew up with dogs and I have 2 sisters. My mom used to mix up not only the kids names, but used to call us by the dog's names, too. So don't feel bad!

Carissa
Mommy to Aurora

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-03-2006 - 5:54pm

LOL I was just going to say that, sometimes I mix up my kids and dogs names!

Katie is in pullups and that usually takes place in the bathroom so no mixups yet, but I think DH has a hard time remembering that infants need changing a lot more often than our DD...I think he has it in his head now finally but at first, every single time DH had him for much time I'd discover Halen was in a wet diaper.

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-03-2006 - 5:59pm
I have a problem with my oldest dd thinking she can take ds's diapers for her dolls!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-03-2006 - 6:04pm

I haven't done that yet, but their changing supplies are in separate rooms, luckily! I also found these

http://www.diapeesandwipees.com/html/products.html

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-03-2006 - 7:38pm
Nope, I haven't tried to squeeze Jack into a size one YET but I can not seem to keep my kids names straight anymore. I'll call Charlie "Jack, I mean Collin, CHARLIE - WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS!"! lol
Yeah, I've lost quite a few braincells myself!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-03-2006 - 7:40pm
OMG Kim, ROTFL at your new SN! :-D
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-03-2006 - 8:47pm

I don't remember ever doing that (the diaper thing) and we had 3 in diapers at one time, but yesterday dh was changing the baby and put one of our 3yo's size 5s on her, lol. He didn't even notice until I said something. They were almost as big as her.

--Jen

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-04-2006 - 3:19am
I am in the same boat. I have a 6 week old and a 2 year old. My boys names are Mason and Marshall and my sisters kids are Mikey and Madelyn. I never can get any of the kids names right. Most of the time I call them all Mikey. I don't know why. Yes I do! Many sleepless night up feeding and changing the baby. I am also dealing my a sick horse right now and that is a lot if stress. She is a 20 year old horse that I have had for a very long time and means the world to me. I hope she makes it through because she is suppose to be my 2 year olds horse soon. Anyways having to kids in diapers SUCKS! It costs alot of money and I am working on potty training. Wish me Luck!

Pages