From my garden! :-) pic..

iVillage Member
From my garden! :-) pic..
Wed, 04-22-2009 - 12:29am
So, this is my VERY first time to garden .. anything edible and I'm just tickled pink!!!

Bart and I had our very FIRST salad tonight from the very lettuce seeds that I planted a little over a month ago!! :-) It was DELICIOUS!! :-) Now, I just can't wait to harvest tomatoes, and peppers to go on top as well!! :-)

So stinkin fun .. I'm not a regular salad eater, but Bart totally is .. and he definitely noticed a difference and that it was GOOD!! :-)

Thanks for letting me share my excitement and satisfaction of having grown my OWN salad!

Here's what I clipped tonight. :-)

Photobucket

Photobucket

siggy by Laura (nivribug)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-22-2009 - 1:00am
That's fantastic, Sandra!! You did a great job growing the lettuce; I'm so excited for you! Thanks for sharing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket <
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-22-2009 - 10:14am
That's awesome!!
Spring Siggy
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-22-2009 - 1:34pm

YUM!!! That lettuce looks delicious and so much better than anything you buy in the store! Good for you!

There is nothing like home garden grown produce!!!! We do some stuff - our first year here we planted a huge garden and wound up throwing away a lot of it because we just couldnt eat it ALL! LOL!

We learned and now only plant about a quarter of our garden - peppers, cucumbers, watermelons, and OH the tomatoes!! Garden tomatoes are the BEST - we do 3-4 different kinds every year - and those definitely get eaten up! In salads, on sandwiches, and my favorite - fresh mozzarella and garden tomatoes with a little basil and olive oil - SO GOOOOOD!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-22-2009 - 1:51pm

That's so great Sandra!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-22-2009 - 2:47pm
Looks delicious!

lovefeelingaction.gif image by okiefrmuskogeemom2princess.gif image by okiefrmuskogeeLorieblinkie.gif image by okiefrmuskogee