Nintendo DS Lite?

iVillage Member
Nintendo DS Lite?
Fri, 09-10-2010 - 6:42pm
Any AD's have one? We were considering getting Aidan one for Christmas since he loves my iPod touch and navigates it so well. Now, I think he is really approaching the end of naps (for real this time :o( ), and I want to get one for him earlier so he has something quiet to do while Evan naps. I've never used one- are they preschool-friendly? What about games? I looked around on Amazon and saw a Diego one.
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-10-2010 - 9:55pm

Amelia doesn't have one, but her brothers do. She can (and does use it). A lot of their games are above her head, but she has some favorites, and has been known to beg/bother them until they give in and let her use it. It's on our list for her for presents this year - not sure if Christmas or her birthday.

They are not necessarily pre-school friendly, but their not not-preschool friendly, either. I think in general they are geared towards slightly older kids, but there are games for 4-5 year olds out there.

Photobucket

DSC_4424
DSC_1103
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-10-2010 - 11:49pm

My older kids have them. Joey messes with them but doesn't really play with them. I guess we don't really have any younger games for it, so maybe that would make a difference.

He loves our iPod touch. I would almost lean toward saving your money on the DS and just let him play with that, if he seems to be able to follow the rules and be careful with it. There are so many cool apps out there, fun and also plenty of educational ones. There is a cool fishing one Joey played on my friend's recently. Have you seen i make faces (or something like that)? I think your money would be much rather spent on free and cheap apps for the iTouch than a DS.

Jane is supposed to get a graphing calculator for school, and I am dragging my feet spending the $100 because there are free ones online if she uses the computer, and then I found a free one and downloaded it to the iTouch. It is such a cool, fun, little piece of technology.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-12-2010 - 8:14am

Lucas has a hand-me-down DS that he got when his big brother got a DSi.

//www.sparklee.com