Perler beads

iVillage Member
Perler beads
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 2:37pm

Do any of you do Perler fuse beads with your kids? Joey has done them before, because my older kids had them, but just recently really gets into them and will sit quietly for an hour or so working on one. Just thought I'd mention it in case you've not tried them.

If you aren't familiar, they are little round cylinder beads that you place on little peg boards and then iron them to melt them together (with parchment paper between the beads and the iron). I found a website that has them for you to see, but I buy them at Walmart or the local toy store. They are in the craft aisle at Walmart.

This website shows some pretty cool stuff. We just have a basic bucket of beads, some plain shapes and some animals. I should show my older kids this website, because they like doing them too, and are up for a little more challenge.

http://www.eksuccessbrands.com/perlerbeads/

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: jnellia
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 3:57pm
I had heard of something similar to this pre-kids, but have long since forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding me. I think Lily would love this.

Photobucket
lovefeelingaction.gif image by okiefrmuskogeebg50.gif image by okiefrmuskogeeLorieblinkie.gif image by okiefrmuskogee

b5.gif picture by okiefrmuskogee

loveduck.jpg image by okiefrmuskogee

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 10:26pm

Becca was really into these right before Nolan was born. She even made a mobile of bumblebees (freehand on a big square) and also a teddy bear with a bumblebee sweater (think Boyds bear) that she made into a magnet. I hadn't thought about them yet for Nolan, but I think that will be a purchase during our next trip to Michaels for a rainy day box!

Thanks for the idea!

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2010 - 9:15am
Great idea!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2010 - 5:03pm
Neat idea...thanks! :-)
MaySiggy1.jpg picture by Castilia33
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-30-2010 - 12:50pm
I remember doing these when I was a kid! I've seen them at Michael's, but haven't bought them. It does seem like something Robin would enjoy. I am planning on going to Michael's today in fact, so I might pick some up for her. Thanks for the idea, Jolly!
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-19-2010 - 10:56pm
We LOVE perler beads .. Brantzen does them some .. but Koben and Selah will sit for hours making them .. especially during the summer and school breaks! :-)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 9:11am
All the ducky's are gonna be perler beading now. lol. I forgot about them. I used to do them as a kid. Nice idea for christmas this year. Was trying to think of stuff thats not dolls/barbies/pollypockets etc. We have enough of those.
emma1.jpg picture by canadianmom85

Lilypie - (P355)

emma1.jpg picture by canadianmom85