Playdoh recipe

iVillage Member
Playdoh recipe
Sun, 09-27-2009 - 4:09pm

What's your favorite play dough recipe?! I've come across MANY different variations!?!

Any recommended recipes?!? :-)

thanks! :-D

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: sabakose
Sun, 09-27-2009 - 10:33pm
I'll look in the morning, but the one I like has cream of tartar and you cook it on the stove. It has a good texture, and is quick and easy to make. It keeps for a long time in a ziploc bag.
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-28-2009 - 10:11am

That's the one I was leaning towards ... my bro's MIL watched K/S for me a time or 2 when Brantzen was first born and she made some with them. She cooked it on the stove and it was nice stuff ... so I'm guessing that's the same recipe that I came across as I don't have her exact recipe.

Thanks. :-)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-28-2009 - 10:24am

Here is my recipe:

2 C flour
2 C water
1 C salt
4 tsp cream of tarter
2 Tbsp cooking oil
food coloring

In heavy pan, mix dry ingredients. Add oil and water. Cook over Med heat until mixture pulls away from the sides of pan. Stir constantly with wooden spoon. Knead in food coloring. Store in Ziploc bag.

If it seems too sticky, cook it a little bit longer, but not too long or it dries out.

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-29-2009 - 1:04am

I can't find my exact recipe but we use a no-cook playdough recipe like this one :

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,199,155163-231196,00.html

I like that it is simple enough (3 ingredients) that I always have the ingredients on hand and the kids can help make it since there is no heat involved! I bet the cooked ones have a little bit smoother texture but my kids don't seem to notice the difference and it's super fast to make:)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket