Quick, fun breakfast ideas

iVillage Member
Quick, fun breakfast ideas
Fri, 10-16-2009 - 4:43pm
Since Aidan started school five days a week last month, he's getting up an hour earlier than usual and eating lunch a little bit later. We used to eat cereal with banana every morning, but I feel like I should be sending him to school with something a little heartier since he can't just have a snack whenever he's hungry. I think he's already sick of pancakes and scrambled eggs, and I'm not a breakfast person (I could eat cereal three meals a day, lol), so I need some new, fun ideas! Thanks!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-16-2009 - 9:03pm

Grace doesn't care much for breakfast, but Paige is a big breakfast eater (well she's a big eater in general LOL)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-16-2009 - 10:28pm

I like to give the kids a good mix of protein and carbs... here are some ideas:

• Nutragrain Eggos and Morningstar Farms "sausage" links (you microwave them!)

• Nutragrain Eggos and plain yogurt with frozen berries mixed in

• Thomas whole grain mini-bagels with light cream cheese or peanut butter (even if you are running late, he can have the bagel in the car with nothing on it, because these bagels have protein in them)

• Microwaveable prebaked biscuits (Pillsbury makes them -- 25 secs in the microwave) with Morningstar Farms veggie sausage patty and cheese to make a sandwich

I know fresh fruit is pricey and not as good this time of year, so you might try flavored applesauces and frozen peaches or berries or canned pineapple if he's sick of bananas.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-16-2009 - 10:29pm

We do a lot of frozen waffles, yogurt, fruit and Declan absolutely loves mini-blueberry muffins.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 5:14pm
Thanks for the ideas, I added some stuff to my grocery list and put a list of ideas on my fridge (did I mention I'm not a morning person?) so that I can change it up a bit. THANKS!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 10:24pm
I just wanted to tag the idea of oatmeal - there are so many yummy ways to serve it!