Seriously, the nightmares won't stop!

iVillage Member
Seriously, the nightmares won't stop!
Fri, 10-09-2009 - 10:08am
Ok, I know it's been a long time since i've posted, but i've had a lot going on over here. My house got burglarized about 2 weeks ago. They broke through the back door. They didn't get too much, just a tv, my camera and my cell phone battery. But they did do a lot of damage. They destroyed my entertainment center, busted all the child locks in the house and totally turned my room upside down. They did leave some personal items behind too. I believe that Shady pulled up in the driveway and scared them off and they dropped their bag and hauled butt. In the bag that they left was some "glow sticks", a pair of black leather gloves, white leather gardening type gloves and a brand new package of mens white underwear. The police officers believed that this may have been the makings of a sex crime. I was totally scared too death. They took fingerprints, but didn't get any from the house. Then 3 days ago, the police dept called and said that they did lift some prints off of the package of underwear, however, it didn't match anyone in the system. :( So, hopefully this jerk will get caught and arrested and we can match the prints. In the meantime, i got a security system. This happenned in broad daylight in the middle of the day!!! What i worry about is them coming back, or being hit by someone totally different. I know that when my door opens my alarm will go off, but lately i can not sleep without having nightmares about people still being able to get in and attacking me. I wake up constantly with my heart beating so hard. UGH!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-09-2009 - 10:56pm

Wow - you told me about the break in, but I had no idea about the rest of it!