Setting board preferences ...

iVillage Member
Setting board preferences ...
Thu, 10-14-2010 - 4:51pm

Just letting you know that your feedback about the boards is important to us and I`ve logged comments that need further investigating. Here are a few tips about adjusting settings and preferences.

Replying to a specific post...
when in reply mode, use the 'Quote' button to the right of your posting box - that post will appear at the top of your new post. You can remove the parts of the quoted post that aren`t important to your reply (if it`s a really long post)

The option to view discussion in a new window...
Also in reply mode, you`ll see a link at the bottom left to view in another window; that way you can read the conversation while writing your post.

To stay logged in...
when logging in there`s a small check box `keep me logged in`, check that - if you aren`t sure whether you`ve checked it previously, log out, then back in and re-check.

Reading new posts...
click on Edit Preferences and under My Settings you`ll see options to customize how you see your page. Under Linear Layout you may type in the number of posts you want to see on a page. Selecting `jump to first unread post` helps in lengthy discussions; under General you may select to mark posts as read.

Turn off Signatures ...
under Preference Options you have the option to view signatures in posts, uncheck to turn off signature lines.

I hope this helps some, please let me know if you have questions that I may help sort out, it`s very important to us that your iVillage experience is a positive one.

Photobucket