Starting to think about Adoption...

iVillage Member
Starting to think about Adoption...
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 10:32am

After a long time of trying, and two rounds of fertility stuff and no pregnancy, we are going to start looking into adoption.

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 11:29am
Lots of (((hugs))), Steph! I'm so glad that God knows what's best for us better than we do, but that doesn't make it any easier when our hearts are hurting. I'll be praying for you guys!
Photobucket
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 11:51am
Lots of ((((Hugs))))
Photobucket

DSC_2882
DSC_1103
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 1:19pm
Sending prayers your way! <<>>
AugustFinal.gif picture by Castilia33
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 2:14pm

Try not to be sad! You are potentially going to give a baby the most wonderful gift in the world, a FAMILY. That is amazing beyond words.

When the sadness hits you, just think of all the bad pregnancy things you get to skip - stretch marks, gas, labor. :)

Lots of hugs, and lots of luck to you all.

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 2:14pm
((Hugs)) and prayers.

Powered by CGISpy.com

Heather and Brian 4/8/95 Sydney and Riley I love my kids Osteogenesis Imperfecta Information Carried with loveWe miss you, RileySydney's Website

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 2:30pm

Many prayers and hugs to you as you begin this journey!

I do have to say a good friend went through a similar situation - though they didn't want to go the adoption route ... so she got rid of EVERYTHING and 5 years after the birth of her first - she got pregnant with her second - so it CAN still happen ... but if it does NOT ... like Claire said - you're doing an awesome thing for some other child!!! :-)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 4:12pm

Many prayers coming your way that you, DH, and God will discover the path that is right for your family. After 4 biological siblings I got 6 siblings thanks to International adoption. It was a long, hard (and expensive) road for my parents but I'm so glad they went through all of that to give me one of the greatest gifts I could I ever have- siblings and plenty of love to go around! Adoption has truly been an amazing (albeit difficult at times) learning experience for my family and I. Good Luck!!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 5:44pm

(((((HUGS)))))) Stephanie...

All of your feelings are perfectly normal and you do NOT sound bitter, at all. Let yourself go through them, and be kind to yourself. I think it is absolutely WONDERFUL that you are looking into adoption. A very good friend of mine is adopted, and I have 2 other friends who have adopted children (one friend adopted 2 from Russia, and another friend adopted from here in the States). The children adopted from Russia were both in very very poor orphanages - never seen by a pediatrician, extremely malnourished, etc etc. They are the most BEAUTIFUL children - in a wonderful, loving home - healthy, thriving, and oh sooooo happy. I cant help but think what would have been their fate if it werent for my friend and her husband who opened their hearts and homes to these beautiful babies. (They tried for 8 years to get pregnant).

I soooo agree that you are giving a child an opportunity to be raised in a beautiful, loving family who may have otherwise never ever had the chance or the experience. Perhaps this is the path that God wants you to take - for the sake of that perfect child out there that NEEDS you so much. Try to think of that and how exciting it will be to adopt a child. I wish you so much luck and success as you begin this new chapter in your life...

Rach

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 8:31pm
Thanks, girls, for your thoughts and hugs!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-20-2009 - 2:31pm
I think that is wonderful and you don't sound bitter at all. Go ahead and work through all the emotions and keep moving forward. You are an awesome mom and some baby will be blessed to have you as their mom. I'll be praying for you and your future little one. KUP!

lovefeelingaction.gif image by okiefrmuskogeebg50.gif image by okiefrmuskogeeLorieblinkie.gif image by okiefrmuskogee

thstarprince.gif Mommy's little prince image by okiefrmuskogeeblinkie_AP_breastfeedingmommy.gif breastfeeding mommy image by okiefrmuskogeethap.gif Mummy's Princess image by okiefrmuskogee