What activities (extra) are the duckies.

iVillage Member
What activities (extra) are the duckies.
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 8:49am

What activities are our duckies doing now?

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 9:10am

No extra activities here. I was thinking about starting her in dance (tap and hip hop), but we've decided to send Robin to the Montessori pre-school this year, which is more than double what we are paying currently at her MDO. I'll have to check into the cost of dance for her though.

The soccer sounds like so much fun! I bet RJ loves it!!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket <
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 9:15am
Layna starts dancing(tap/ballet) tonight!
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 9:18am

I signed Lana up for ballet class, she was asking about it all the time, because she took it last year. I think she'll really love it again this year.

I am also thinking about signing up for swimming, Lana's really gained momentum in the last month or so of lessons, and I don't want to lose that. I'll probably do one more session of swimming, and then do gymnastics in the spring. She would definitely love it, she taught herself to do somersaults, and it always flipping around on monkey bars in ways that scare me!

I agree Laura, the prices are startling!

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 9:27am

I can't wait to see our little ducky dancers :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 4:08pm
Amelia's been doing gymnastics for a year now, so she will continue with that. I may do swimming lessons for her once school starts for the boys. We'll see.
DSC_9102_1
DSC_1103
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 8:49pm

Emma took swimming lessons last spring but the pool is way across town so we havnt been making it as often as I'd like and now she's not too fond of the water. She used to love it.

She has also taken a session of dance lessons which she finished in June.

Things her run 10 weeks at a time and since I only want her in one thing at a time I'm thinking of rotating for a year or 2 until she tells me she doesnt want to do something or wants to do more of something.

I'll be signing her up for swimming in the fall, dance in the spring and soccer in the summer. Here the dance is only 40$ and swimming is $65. Not sure about soccer since they don't start until they're 4. Guess I'll find out in the spring.Oh and I think I'm going to put her in ice skating in the winter, possibly figure skating but not competition, just for fun.

I think extra activities are a great way to keep our duckys active if it can be afforded. I f not there's lots of free stuff around.

emma1.jpg picture by canadianmom85
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 9:22pm
I called the dance school and the class that I wanted Robin to take is only $40 a month! I figured it would be more than that. I'm excited that it doesn't cost that much; we might go ahead and sign her up. I think she will be shy and take a while to warm up but she loves the instructor, James, who used to teach an aerobics dance class at my gym.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket <
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-20-2009 - 8:16am

Shaleena will be doing dance again since she absolutely loves it, and we may start swimming lessons in January, but for now, just dance :)

(cost wise, I'm sooo grateful for the arts school my church runs; I can handle $30 a month for 45 minute classes everyweek!!!)

PhotobucketPhotobucket

zorensiggy
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-20-2009 - 8:39am

Lucas isn't in anything yet.

//www.sparklee.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-20-2009 - 12:23pm

Owen also hasn't done any activities because he'd be unlikely to cooperate and the older kids certainly take up the time and attention with those things for now. I think we'll start swimming lessons sometime this fall while the other kids are in school.

Right now I'm feeling the burn with all the activities starting up again. Yesterday I spent about 700 dollars between soccer, dance and orchestra for my two oldest. That includes a lot of start up fees that won't be repeated this year, but still...ugh!

Pages