what am I going to do w/all this candy?

iVillage Member
what am I going to do w/all this candy?
Sun, 04-12-2009 - 1:13am

We have been to 2 egg hunts already (my mom's office and now our church) and we have WAY too much candy.

siggysummer2009.jpg picture by briansillywife

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-12-2009 - 11:05am

I'm eating it while the kids aren't looking.

//www.sparklee.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-12-2009 - 8:51pm
I was just thinking this today! I really try to minimize the junk in my house (try being the operative word) so I didn't put much candy in ADs Easter Basket this year but after you add what my mom and my MIL sent, it's WAY too much! We have year old candy that's never been eaten and I need to throw away. I hate throwing it away but it's individual pieces of candy so I can't really give it away either...besides, who really NEEDS candy? Ugh, I'm in the same predicament!!

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-13-2009 - 12:46am
Glad I am not the only one in this situation.

siggysummer2009.jpg picture by briansillywife

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-13-2009 - 1:23am

We know cheddar bunnies well here. AD loves them!! What a good Easter themed idea :)

Yeah I probably should throw it away too or I'm going to end up eating it which is NO good! It sounds like things are going well while DH is gone. I'm glad you are able to enjoy family time.

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-13-2009 - 8:41am

Umm, honestly, I have no idea. I'd bury it, but she'd probably find it. She got a basket/eggs from her father and I, then she got a big basket overflowing from her grandparents, then her Aunt and Uncle gave her another big basket. There's no way in HEDHS we can eat all this.

I'll probably set a lot of it out in bowls at her birthday party.

Lilypie Expecting a baby TickerLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-13-2009 - 4:12pm
Lana does NOT do well on a sugar high, she gets moody and irritable. Plus, it's just not good for her. So I'll probably put some in her goody bags for her party, and bring some to work where I can ruin my teeth and health instead!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-13-2009 - 4:19pm

We put all candy that the kids bring home (from soccer, parties, Easter, Vday, etc) in a bowl under the stove & they get one little piece of candy as a treat. That way they're not getting a ton of sugar (I'm talking 1 Tootsie Roll or 1 roll of Smarties) & we're not throwing it away either.

We still have tons of Valentine's Day candy b/c I won't let them eat much at one time.

Photobucket
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-14-2009 - 9:53am
We let Jack have it, one peice at a time for "dessert."

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-14-2009 - 2:45pm

I found this on cooks.com

LEFTOVER EASTER CANDY CAKE

2 c. coarsely chopped leftover Easter candy
2 3/4 c. sifted flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
8 oz. unsalted butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
3 lg. eggs
1/4 tsp. almond extract
1 c. sour cream
Optional: Confectioners' sugar

Such as: Chocolate eggs, marshmallow chicks, chocolate bunnies, candy eggs, jellies.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Butter a tube or bundt pan (10 to 12 cup capacity) and dust with fine bread crumbs. Tap out excess crumbs. Set pan aside. Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.

In large bowl, cream butter until soft, add vanilla, almond extracts and sugar. Mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one. On low speed, alternate adding dry ingredients with sour cream, scraping bowl as necessary.

Place 1 1/2 cups mixture in prepared pan. Add candies to remaining batter, fold in gently. Pour this mixture into pan over plain batter.

Bake 1 hour or until tests done. Cool 15 minutes. Cover pan with rack and invert. Remove pan. Let cake cool. Serve plain or with confectioners' sugar dusted on top.

NOTE: This is a great way to use up any holiday's leftover candy - Halloween treats, Christmas candy canes, Valentine sweets, etc

Photobucket
Photobucket

<
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-14-2009 - 10:36pm
Hmmm...how interesting! I wonder what it tastes like. Most of our leftover candy is chocolate so I bet it would be good. Unfortunately, it doesn't lower the calorie count of the Easter candy so I probably still shouldn't eat it :P

Photobucket
Photobucket

Pages