What are you getting ducky for Easter?

iVillage Member
What are you getting ducky for Easter?
Fri, 04-03-2009 - 11:50am

Just curious what everyone's doing this year since they're all almost 3 or already 3.

Last year I did a half and half basket (half candy, half jammies/jewlrey/sunglasses), a baseball and bat combo, a dress up trunk, and some other little things. This year her birthday is 5 days later so I don't want to go overboard. I was thinking a regular sized easter basket of candy, dollars and some jellybeans in the hidden eggs, and DVD of Max and Ruby or an Olivia the pig book and maybe some little einsteins figurines.

Lilypie Expecting a baby TickerLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-03-2009 - 2:01pm

I go very lightly on the candy...mostly M&M's and a few of the Small solid Dove eggs.

Spring Siggy
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-03-2009 - 2:26pm

Kayla's birthday falls on Easter, but we are celebrating it on the 18th. This year, for both kids, I am doing very mellow Easter Baskets. Both have a little amount of candy and a few small toys. For Devon, he got a frisbie that pops into a ball and some other thingy ma-thing that I forgot. Kayla has a small set of playdoh and a couple plastic gardening tools and a magnify glass.

It is a little tough on the pocket book with both being so darn close. It's hard not to go over board!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-03-2009 - 4:02pm
Sams bday is on Easter also, so were having her party on the 18th....im still so torn about when to give her her bday gift...anyways, were just going to do candy and a book in thier basket...Logan will get puffs in his basket with books.

Amanda

<
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-03-2009 - 9:27pm

I have Nolan an Elmo Fireman sprinkler (found on clearance @ Walmart for $3 last week!).

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-03-2009 - 9:58pm

I was just going to post this very question!

We don't usually go big for Easter, but we do a small basket for each kid.

siggysummer2009.jpg picture by briansillywife

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-04-2009 - 10:11am

I made Joey a basket with some new matchbox cars, bubbles, tub crayons, sidewalk chalk, stickers, a new coloring book, and I filled a few eggs with pennies for his bank. He has a bank that is a big dinosaur and its clear so you can watch the coin go all the way down to his belly. (He loves it). I also found Yo Gabba Gabba UNDERWEAR (LOL) - in the hopes that it inspires him to NOT pee or poop in them!

He wont touch candy or chocolate, so I dont bother. I did put some animal crackers and believe it or not, a couple of small bags of the pirate booty caramel popcorn - his FAVORITE!

He also gets a basket from Grandma every year, and my sister - I know my mom bought him a new pair of sandals and probably a whole bunch of other stuff in there. We are going to my Aunt's house for Easter Sunday and Im sure she will have a basket for him too (believe me, he gets way too much!)

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-04-2009 - 12:27pm
Sounds like he's getting a great fun filled basket! I totally forgot that my IL's and BIL/FSIL get her baskets too.. I think I'll be keeping some of the candy for myself, lol

Lilypie Expecting a baby TickerLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 2:16pm

I acutally just went to Target on my lunch hour to get "Easter Bunny" stuff, I got candy (gummy life savers, kisses, reese's eggs, sweettarts (he will have to share those with DH), a bag of the bunny marshmellows (I don't think I am actually going to put those in his basket) and a small chocolate bunny. He also got 2 new Monste Jam trucks (I think he has them all now!!).

I agree that Easter is too close to birthdays this year, so I also went light, he got whatever cansy was on sale, and he is going to have to share with me and DH!

Maddie is getting her 2nd Barbie, 2 jars of food, and a chocolate bunny (that she of ocurse can't eat!).