When do our duckies start kindergarden

iVillage Member
When do our duckies start kindergarden
Tue, 07-13-2010 - 3:12pm
Do they start this Jan or next? Im getting different answers from the school district. We live in Sac, CA
3yr old siggy
3yr old siggy

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-13-2010 - 3:22pm

Well, here in OK it depends on the school district. Going by my school districts rules Lily starts pre-K next month. She will start kindergarten August 2011. In our school district you have to be 4 by June 30 for pre-K and 5 by June 30 for kindergarten.

Instead of calling the district office have you tried calling the school you are zoned for? It seems silly but sometimes the school itself can have better answers than the district office. In my experience the district office tends to be pretty clueless. My district has one elementary, one middle and one high school. When I called my district office with questions they had no idea. I couldn't believe in a district that small they wouldn't know, but they didn't. The elementary school office was able to answer my questions with no hesitation.

lovefeelingaction.gif image by okiefrmuskogeebg50.gif image by okiefrmuskogeeLorieblinkie.gif image by okiefrmuskogee

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-13-2010 - 3:25pm
So do you pay for prek? Yes the school itself is closed or they havent answered for the last two days lol
3yr old siggy
3yr old siggy
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-13-2010 - 3:37pm

I don't pay for pre-K. It is part of the school system. The neighboring school system has a free 3 & 4 year old center! I just can't imagine sending my child to public school at 3. Four even seems young to me, but Lily is ready to learn new things and really needs some friends. Plus my poor Mom really needs the break, LOL!

Do they have a website?

lovefeelingaction.gif image by okiefrmuskogeebg50.gif image by okiefrmuskogeeLorieblinkie.gif image by okiefrmuskogee

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-13-2010 - 3:40pm
yes I feel like im going in cirles lol. I found a preschool her 300 a month 3 days a week from 7 to 12noon. I am really thinking about just doing it but idk. lol
3yr old siggy
3yr old siggy
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-13-2010 - 4:25pm

How frustrating! It is a hard decision to make. To be honest I probably wouldn't be sending Lily if I had to pay for it. My mom was a pre-school teacher for 15 years so she can teach Lily anything she would learn in preschool, and I think I am maybe not quite ready for my first baby to be so grown up and on her own at school. Her being there without me or my mom or DH makes me so nervous.

Lily really is longing for some friends though. Everywhere we go she makes friends with girls and then gets upset when they leave or we have to leave. She has imaginary sisters so she has someone to play with. It makes me pretty sad how much she wants a friend, especially a girl friend. She asks me all the time to have another baby so she can have a sister, sometimes complete with tears. It breaks my heart.

Sorry to have gotten a bit off topic. Good luck making your decision!