WWYD - card or gift?

iVillage Member
WWYD - card or gift?
Tue, 09-01-2009 - 1:10pm

There is a girl I have on my facebook, she is the older sister of an old friend of mine, and we use to be in the high school band together back in Nova Scotia. We have not seen each other in 18 years (I just realized that Chrissy on this board is not too much older than that, lol). We actually do not live that far from we other now in the province of Ontario (I found out she lived here about 4 years ago as she was a client of where I work; small world!)

She was due to have a baby (her 3rd child) 3 days ago, but today she is going in to talk induction. I have a dr apt tomorrow litterally down the hallway from the maternity unit at the hospital (I will be delivering at the same hospital when my baby arrives), and I told her that I would ask at the nurses station to see if she has been admitted. She thinks it is great :0)

Should I get a gift for the baby, or is just a card ok? I don't want her feeling obligated to get my baby a gift when the time comes; as we are not overly close; but I think it is just neat to see her again after all these years.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-01-2009 - 1:20pm
I think a card will suffice.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-01-2009 - 2:56pm
I think a card would be more than appropriate!! Hopefully you guys can stay in touch now though 8)