Advice: Double Stroller?

iVillage Member
Advice: Double Stroller?
Thu, 10-29-2009 - 3:05pm
I'm wondering whether or not a double stroller is a good investment. Daley is going to be almost 3 when the new baby gets here in June. With DH randomly deploying every once in a while I could easily end up by myself with the two kids. Daley always rides in a stroller when we go somewhere like the doctor's office or the mall... anywhere without carts. My rule is that he is not to get down and run around anywhere out in public, period. With that in mind I would think it would be smart to perhaps get a double stroller. Right now we use the umbrella stroller a lot. I bought a Graco stroller back in the day for him but really only used it a handful of times. Any advice on when they start to outgrow the double strollers or if there are any particular ones that are good?
JULIANNE
DH MIKE since 05/15/05
DS Daley 08/07/07
Baby #2 EDD 06/27/10

new baby

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-29-2009 - 3:25pm

My first two little guys were 16 months apart so I bought the Graco Quatro Duo...I really love it but all double strollers are pretty big and a bit harder to maneuver.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-29-2009 - 3:39pm
I have a sit & stand and I love it!
Jill
CL-Signature Showcase
Mom to Rossalyn (8/22/07) and Sean (12/29/08)
Resort manager, avid scrapbooker, and Disney World guru.
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-29-2009 - 3:46pm

Jill, you may be better off with your Baby Trend.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-29-2009 - 8:56pm

I got a MaClaren Double Stroller....actually my aunts got it for me.....I've really liked it but I haven't used it as much as I would have liked to.....it's very similar to an umbrella stroller but just has two seats.....very sturdy.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-30-2009 - 9:20am

I have the Baby Trend Sit n Stand. I used it with Tovi before Oren was born to test it out and found it easy to fold and maneuver. Tovi DID NOT understand that he couldn't jump out of the platform while the stroller was moving, so we had to spend some time teaching boundaries and expectations, so that might be a mild draw-back. But with Daley being almost 3 by the time you need it, the platform and bench seat of the Sit n Stand would probably be ideal.

As with any "double" stroller, though, it takes up quite a bit of space in the trunk. I have to pop off the front tray and foot rest before mine will fit in my Pontiac G 6 trunk, but they are designed to pop off and on VERY easily, so it's no big deal.

I haven't used it yet with both boys because I usually have Oren in the sling, and we haven't gone any further away on walks than just down the block to the park. I imagine we'll use it a lot this coming Spring when Oren weighs enough that the sling is less than ideal :)

Watch for BRU or Target coupons to save a bit. I think I got 10% off mine when I got it from BRU. And it's VERY easy to assemble.