Aspen got stitches!

iVillage Member
Aspen got stitches!
Tue, 11-10-2009 - 10:30am
Dh was working late last night (of course), and I was home with the 3 kids. We had a yummy dinner (and they were great while I cooked), and it was 2 minutes before we went up for bathtime...and I was nursing the LO while Aspen played.

BB has figured out that she can reach the light switches and flick them on and off if she steps up on her stool. So, she pushed it over to the lightswitch and stepped up and slipped and fell off. Normally, that's not a big deal. She's a toddler and falls all the time. But this time, she bit her lip as she fell and bit THROUGH it!

She needed 5 stitches. We were lucky there is a children's hospital here that has an urgent care satellite center that is open til 10 pm. So, we didn't have to go to the ER. DH ended up meeting me so he could help with ODD and the baby while Aspen got her stitched. My 7 y/o remembered getting her own stitches 2 years ago and she freaked out when they put the numbing gel on Aspen. She was crying as much as Aspen! Thank goodness DH made it and she didn't have to watch the stitches part.

She is doing OK today. They told us not to get it wet for 24 hours and to feed her soft foods that aren't acidic or spicy. Lucky her - she gets yogurt cheese and bananas for a few days.

I was as traumatized as she was. It's hard seeing your baby get hurt. Here a few pics of her battle scars:

Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Biggest Loser Team "Yummy Mummies" June 2009 Playgroup
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-10-2009 - 10:51am

oh my goodness, poor girl.

She looks so happy..

glad dh was able to meet you there.

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-10-2009 - 11:36am
OMG!! Poor baby!!! But look at that lil trooper! Smiling like nothing happened.