August DYK

iVillage Member
August DYK
Mon, 08-01-2011 - 2:30am

DYK - Can you believe that it's August?!?!

DYK - Can you believe that our BB's are gonna be 4 years old!!

DYK - What are you doing for your BB's birthday?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: care0721
Mon, 08-01-2011 - 2:38am
DYK - Happy August! :-) I'm already half way through with Monday -- woo hoo! :-)

DYK - Can't believe that our kiddos are gonna be four....seems so strange to think that they are big four year olds!!

DYK - I have no idea what we will do for my kids birthday -- we will probably have a combination party - Nik & Mikah later on in August with some friends.

DYK - If I have the strength I might try to make monster cookies for Nikolas to share with our congregation to celebrate his birthday. But we will see how much I get done before we leave for Japan because if the house is clean and all I have to do is put away clothes, laundry toys -- then I might be more willing to try and make cookies to to bring to church. We get back home on Friday and then have to go to church on Sunday and Nik's birthday is on Monday. Maybe we will see if we can get Nik's "adopted family" -- our missionary friends either over for a birthday dinner (maybe with frosted brownie cupcakes or something) for his special day. We will see how we are feeling!

dyk - Nik is getting a wii game, some clothes, trains, coloring books, and toys. Some from my parents and then John picked up some stuff while we were in the states.

dyk - Nik isn't starting preschool this fall -- he might start preschool with me teaching him -- if I can get and keep my butt organized enough! :-) But we figure with the new baby coming in Dec/Jan that it's just not worth putting him in school, plus we want the flexibility to come and go as a family for trips and vacations.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-01-2011 - 2:47am
dyk - So this week hopefully will be a VERY productive week!! :-)

dyk - I have a list of things I'd like to get done before we leave for Japan.....mostly so when we get home we are greeted with a clean house and not overwhelmed with everything we have to do.

dyk - I've already cleaned, mopped & de-cluttered our extra bedroom, and the little boys room. I actually went through Nik's clothes and got rid of the 2/3 clothes and pulled out the 4 shorts and 4 short sleeve shirts. Nik was so excited to have some new clothes. Sadly some of them have tags on the neck which he's annoyed with but excited for new clothes.

dyk - So I have to clean my bedroom, bathrooms, the kitchen & laundyr room, my living room -- which is an ongoing project & I think I'll try to clean and mop that on Wednesday night after I have everything ready! Hopefully I can get it all done but we will see what happens.

dyk - I have to pack and figure out how I'm gonna fit all of our stuff into a suitcase, plus DH wants me to try and fit the backpack carrier in my suitcase -- maybe I can do it! Plus I want to pack my backpack in my suitcase and just pull it out and shove clothes in there so I can ship my bag up to where we are staying and not have to figure out how to carry -- a suitcase, three backpacks, my bag, stroller and two kids through the train stations and so forth! I'm hoping that the kids will fit in a single stroller, their two backpacks will fit underneath the stroller and my bag will rest on the stroller and I can carry my backpack with a day's worth of clothes on my back. Hoping and praying I can do it all! :-)

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-01-2011 - 10:45am
DYK sounds like N will get lots of great stuff for his birthday?

DYK I am sure he will love whatever the celebration is and all the new toys?

DYK can't believe you are leaving soon for Japan?

DYK what is the exact day you are leaving?

DYK that is a lot of stuff to pack and I bet you will get it all figured out? :)
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-01-2011 - 10:57am
Dyk - we leave early Thursday morning (so your Wednesday afternoon early evening)

Dyk - got lots done today -- got boys room clean, Nik's clothes changed, laundry donec& put away (huge accomplishment), laundry & kitchen done. Living room cleaned up & swept (gonna mop it Wednesday night)

Dyk - just need to pack, & do stuff dh wanted me to do before we left. Phew - will probably sweep up all the rooms quick on Wed. But thankfully everything is semi done & I'm hoping if it's done when we leave that I'll be able to maintain it when I get back.

Dyk - how was your weekend? Did you get to relax at all?

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-01-2011 - 2:03pm
DYK Jax is getting super excited for his Spiderman party?

DYK I only bought him one gift....a remote control Jeep Wrangler?

DYK I have such a large extended family my kids get a ridiculous amount of gifts so I don't buy them much?

DYK I had to go to the bowling alley to put down a deposit for the party and the boys have never been in one and they were enthralled!

DYK except for the Wii bowling...they didn't have a clue what 'real' bowling was like? LOL

DYK party is two weeks away....can't believe it's that close!
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-01-2011 - 2:05pm
DYK how exciting...only two more days till you leave! :)

DYK weekend was good...super relaxing?

DYK I watched a ton of episodes of Big Brother and Trueblood?

DYK finally getting somewhat caught up on my DVR? :)

DYK did a lot of swimming too to stay cooled off?
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-01-2011 - 2:16pm

Chantail - DYK just read back on the other thread...I am so sorry to hear about your sister's friend?

DYK your family doesn't need any more bad news....doesn't seem fair?

DYK I'm sending prayers to her family?

DYK it reminds me what happened to my friend back in March.....a routine surgery that for some reason went wrong and we almost lost her....but we were one of the lucky ones and she pulled through?

DYK she is still dealing with rehab (for being in a coma for so long) as well as crazy thinks like skin falling off her fingers and her hair falling out?

DYK she also goes to counseling too as she (understandably) had a hard time adjusting to real life once she came out of the coma and realized she had missed a month or two of her life....and that of her two small boys?

DYK not to mention you hallucinate while you are in a coma and she was getting memories mixed up between the hallucinations and real life?

DYK overall she is doing awesome now...getting back to healthy...even just went back to work....I cannot believe what a strong person she is?

DYK she has to go back for surgery in the fall....it is making her super nervous and right now she is concentrating on getting as healthy as possible?

DYK WTG on your weight loss...I agree butt and boobs are worth it....it looks so much better...I need to gain some on the top for sure! LOL

DYK yay for only ten more pounds to go....that is outstanding and it is great you are fit and feeling great! :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-01-2011 - 7:52pm
dyk where is this summer going?
dyk my mom's bday is wed...going out for dinner.
dyk not sure where the 4 years went...
dyk we are having our normal family and friend pool party with a pinata
dyk we just got invites and pinata....superman pinata, we have batman, green lantern, captain america, and hulk stuff.
dyk we got some clothes for nolan, long sleeve shirts for school he is almost out of them, has two that fit.
dyk nolan did preschool last year, and is going into junior kindergarden this fall.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-01-2011 - 8:31pm
dyk care nik will love the gifts.
dyk col the boys will love the bowling party, the first time we took nolan, he bowled every frame and every ball, so did I and i only beat him by two points...I suck, but love it.
dyk hope jax has a great party.
dyk we are in the same boat, nolan litterally needs nothing and we have no room.
dyk that is why we got him clothes.
dyk he is into superhero squad and green goblin, spiderman and that stuff now, we have nothing, so feel like we are going to get bombed with that stuff, and lego, he loves lego.
dyk so glad your friend is doing so well.
dyk so crazy about hallucinating while in a coma, so glad she is getting counseling and back to work and therapy.
dyk I will keep her and her family in my prayers that they continue to heal and get back to their new normal life, and relax, and she gets stronger for her new surgery.
dyk col glad you caught up on pvr'd shows and relaxed and swam with the boys.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-01-2011 - 8:36pm
dyk so haven't run since like wed.
dyk sooo bad.
dyk we found mold in our cold cellar, that is cleaned and painted.
dyk we weeded our backyard garden.
dyk we cleaned out our entire garage, took us almost all day.
dyk sooo clean.
dyk cleaned the pool, cleaned the house, finished painting mckenna's room, organized the laundry room and hung up stuff, we cleaned the carpets and think something else, but can't remember.....oh ya, got storage shelves and bins to put in the cold cellar for stuff we don't have room for anywhere else.
dyk so tired...so sore...had a horrible migraine....worst one I have ever had today.
Photobucket

Pages