Check In and Update Me, Please!

iVillage Member
Check In and Update Me, Please!
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 12:29pm

Hi Everyone,

I know there is a great group of "regulars" here ( Charm_3, chantail, court296, Care0721 and many more!) and I want to make sure each and every one of you are able to log in and post like normally. 

So please update me here on your specific issues and if you're not able to even post, trying PM'ing me or email: policy@mail.ivillage.com. You can also check here for updates:

http://www.ivillage.com/forums/ivillage-women/around-ivillage/ivillage-help

If you just want to post and complain, well, that's okay too! Wink I know things are frustrating right now but I PROMISE, it's just temporary. Our tech team is working like crazy to get all the kinks ironed out for us.

Lisa

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 5:15pm

It said I was not authorized to post comments when I logged into today

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 9:14pm

court296 wrote:
<p>It said I was not authorized to post comments when I logged into today</p>

Weird! But apparently it still let you since you were able to post the above comment?

Lisa 

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-24-2012 - 1:07pm
I get the same comment everytime.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-24-2012 - 3:54pm

chantail wrote:
I get the same comment everytime.

You get the comment that you're not authorized to post comments but then it lets you post? (Sorry, just trying to make sure I have this straight before I pass it on and my brain is fried lately!)

Lisa 

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-25-2012 - 7:59pm
yes, exactly....says I am not authorized and had trouble even signing in, but it does post. Will it adjust so you can see new comments vs. comments you have read through. also takes me two to three clicks on a thread to get in, just pops me to the top of the page...not sure if it is my computer....
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 11:22am

Okay, thanks! I will definitely pass this along. I'm glad it still lets you post but I know it's frustrating, having to "fight" with it every time. 

Thread Memory-" I miss this function too (where it remembers where you left off reading in a thread). It's something that in time our tech team can build back in but it's just not as high of a priority as other issues right now, such as some members still not being able to log in. 

I have a small workaround option for this - it's not quite a good but it helps some. Under the original post but before the first reply you'll see "thread options". You can select newest to oldest and it will temporarily show you the newest replies in the thread first. It's temporary b/c once you leave the thread and come back to it, it reverts back to its' default setting- oldest to newest. It's not quite as good as thread memory b/c the newest reply might not be the newest reply that you've read but it does help avoid going through pages of older, longer threads.

There's also another option but it's under "preferences" so if you are one of those affected by the bug that won't let you update your prefereces, you probably won't be able to try it right now  Undecided  Under "Edit my preferences" (right hand side of page), click on the "general" tab. Then, click the box that says " sort topics by time of most recent post". 

Thanks for not giving up on us! 

Lisa 

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 10:14pm
I'm struggling with being able to see everything also! On my laptop I can read everyone's comments and such but on my ipad (which is how I read a long and try to comment before I go to bed) I can't see anything but the first message. I can comment but I can't see the replies! Which is just strange! :-)

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 10:39pm

All right just a few questions. I understand that everything is being updated but.

1. When we make comments and reply to people is it always going to be to the first person that commented. Can we not get it to reply to individual people in the thread like it was before?

2. Is it always going to jump back to the orginal setting? So I make a reply and then I want to go back to comment on another person thread but I can't.....I have to go through everyone else's reply plus I set it to view 50 replies but it always goes back to the 10 replies.

3. Do we have to go back into the reply and not quick reply to have the formating the way we want it with the spaces between everything?

Thank you for the hard work you are doing.

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 2:00pm

Here are my answers :)

1.) Nope, it won't always be like that, this is a bug. Once fixed, it will show the individual person you are replying to.

2.) Various preferences not sticking ( like setting it to 50 replies per page, instead of 10) is also a known issue. Once resolved, whatever you set it to, will stay/stick.

3.) I'm not sure about this one b/c I think I almost always just use "reply" out of habit, instead of "quick reply". I do know that people have reported formatting issues with "quick reply", though (such as the paragraph marker not working). Is there any downside to just using regular "reply" in the meantime until "quick reply" is fixed?

I know the above issues are frustrating- I wish I had some kind of ETA for you. I know for sure they are "on the list" but don't have quite as high of a priority as fixing the bug that's not allowing some members to see replies, for example. I had heard that the tech team was pretty close to a fix for the " can't see replies" bug....and then Hurricane Sandy blew through. Frown

Yes, I know I keep saying this but THANK YOU for not giving up on us!

Lisa

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-06-2012 - 9:30pm
I use the quick reply on my ipad which is why I do that, There are also other people who are not able to sign in....they get an error on the page.

Pages