February dyk

iVillage Member
February dyk
Thu, 02-02-2012 - 3:19pm
Dyk - wow can't believe it's feb. Dyk - do you do something special for valentines day? Dyk - how are you? Dyk - how are your kids?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: care0721
Thu, 02-02-2012 - 3:32pm
Dyk - can't believe it's February.....just flying. Dyk - can't believe my mom was here & is already gone. Dyk my mom was sad that the next timeshe holds H she will be like 7 months old. :-( Dyk - working on getting back home for vacation probably in August for a month. Dyk - finally moved in our apartment just need to get settled. Dyk - have to get lots of stuff but have to wait on price & stuff. Dyk - rainy season & cold right now. It's been like in the 60 in the house so we bundle up & wrap ourselves in blankets during the day. Dyk - his hood....easy baby! Love her......she makes the best faces. Dyk - think I have a uti right now or the start. Dyk - Nik starts school on Monday. Dyk - he's very excited to start & I think it will be good for him. Dyk - Mikah is getting more teeth I think or maybe just needing more time with me. Dyk - our apartment is good. Dyk - I started driving now.....kind of have to. Dyk - miss you all. Dyk - no valentine plans yet! Probably nothing though.....

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 7:54am
Sorry your mom's time there went to quickly. That is sad you won't see her again for 7 months. Brrr to 60 degrees in the house! Glad you got all moved in, Awesome that H is such a good baby!
We are thinking about moving/listing our house so I have been cleaning out a closet or two every night. Tedious work!
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 9:01am
dyk sorry your mom has gone already
dyk glad you had a good visit.
dyk glad h is a good baby
dyk let us know how school goes for nik
dyk time seems to be flying
dyk the last two weeks have been stupidly busy
dyk so busy and working lots, so behind on paperwork, gotta get caught up today and tomorrow
dyk heading out shortly for two appointments, hoping to be home in 5 hours...but that will be pushing it a bit.
dyk kenna is getting big, trying to move lots, still not crawling...my content lazy girl.
dyk nolan gets his first report card on the 15th
dyk we are going to the local science center with the kids and maybe our mom's during the day then dh and I are gong to dinner and movie, we have giftcards for both so will be a free night.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 9:02am
dyk court are you guys wanting to go bigger? newer? diff area?
dyk I can't imagine the work to get ready to list your house.
dyk one thing is keeping it tidy to live in, whole other declutter staging story to get ready to sell.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 3:42pm
DYK hello ladies?

Care - DYK I am glad you had a great time with your mom but sad she is gone? I am happy you have a trip planned as it's something to look forward to.

Chantail - DYK have fun at the science center and your night out with DH...yay! I hope all goes well with your appointments today.

Court - DYK I didn't know you guys were thinking of moving? Cleaning out closets is very tedious work but liberating at the same time? :)

DYK it's been a tough day....woke up thinking about my grandpa and when I got to work my dad said he had just passed away?

DYK I think it's wonderful I was thinking of him while he passed....definitely brings comfort?

DYK stayed at work for an hour or two waiting for Brett to get to his office so I could pick him up and go to my grandma's house where the family was gathering? It was so tough to keep it together but I did.

DYK my grandpa was still in his bed when I got there...was at first weirded out by how silent he was but in the end it was very comforting to sit by him for awhile?

DYK my grandma is amazing...she is full of energy but has moments where she cries?

DYK the funeral home came to take his body and we all gathered around and my grandma said a beautiful goodbye as he left home for the last time?

DYK now I'm going through pictures for the memorial service slideshow?

DYK I am home from work...didn't think I could make it through the day without crying a bit?

DYK we have to tell the boys tonight....Brett said he would do it because I'm not sure I can but will be there to give big hugs?

DYK my bet is they will have lots of questions?

DYK tomorrow is the Phoenix Open and Sunday the superbowl....at first we were thinking of not do either but sitting around stewing won't do any good?

DYK services will probably be right after the weekend?

DYK it's been a rough week...so tired?

DYK I am just happy my grandpa went peacefully with the family around...it's the best way to go?
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 4:31pm
dyk col I am so sorry.
dyk so awesome that you woke up thinking of him.
dyk I am glad he isn't suffering anymore
dyk glad you could be there with him before he was taken away from his home.
dyk I always find going through pictures so helpful and reminds me of the good times, all the memories.
dyk hug....hope telling the boys goes ok.
dyk it is so hard but such honest questions they have and it is so hard to understand.
dyk hugs.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 6:59pm
Dyk - we've made the decision that we need to go through our stuff like we are moving because we don't want have a bunch of stuff to move back.

Dyk - good luck moving.

Dyk - what are you thinking about doing....moving to a different area or bigger house?

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 7:00pm
((HUGS)) I'm so sorry. It is good that he went peacefully with family, though I'm sure it doesn't make it any easier. My grandma went the same way. Kiara still periodically says she misses Grandma Bev or will cry and say she wants her back or ask odd death questions.
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 7:04pm
Dyk - good luck getting everything done & caught up.

Dyk - hope your meetings go well.

Dyk - what a cutie Kenna is. She'll move when she wants too.

Dyk - hope that Nolan does a good job.

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 7:04pm
You are so right about keeping it tidy to live in and decluttering to sell! I always have people tell me how clean my house is, etc but it is no where near ready to show/sell! I am getting rid of junk so that is good I guess. We are thinking about moving to my hometown (30 miles away) possibly. DH decided we cannot afford to send both kids to private school and the public schools here scare the crap out of me :( I would rather have them in a smaller town/school and not worry as much/be able to trust more. DH doesn't want to live in town though - he wants an acreage with a building he can use as a workshop...so we will have probs finding something! I don't want to live on a farm. Blah. So, it may not happen, but nothing wrong with getting some stuff cleaned out just in case!

Pages