July DYK

iVillage Member
July DYK
Sun, 07-03-2011 - 5:04am

dyk - Hi ladies!!

dyk - It's July and I figured it was time to start a July DYK thread!! :-)

dyk - HOw's everyone doing?

dyk - Any vacations planned for July?

dyk - How is your summer going?

dyk - HOpe all is well!!

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: care0721
Sun, 07-03-2011 - 5:17am
Chantail -
dyk - You will love the Ipad 2!! :-) I really like it!! SO helpful to have and I use my laptop a lot but most of my browsing is done on the Ipad.

dyk - I hope that your SIL recovers and doesn't need to have her spleen removed especially with a surgery and then delievering a baby so soon!! Hopefully the baby gets better and no more jaundice.

dyk - Oh no to your FIL.....I hope that he is able to improve! Thinking of your whole family! Is this bringing back memories of your dad and such?

dyk - I hope you have a nice weekend.....Happy Belated Canada day!! Did you guys do anything special to celebrate?

dyk - How are your shin splints?

dyk - Hope you have a great weekend!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2011 - 5:39am
Col

dyk - Your weekend with your sister sounds like SO much fun!! Your nieces and nephews will have so much fun getting a puppy!! :-)

dyk - Hope you have fun watching fireworks! I hope you win the Texas Hold Em game!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2011 - 5:47am
Court
dyk - how is your legs.....are you still sore? Have you tried running again or still biking?

dyk - I hope you have a nice 4th of July!!

dyk - Hope you are doing well!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2011 - 6:37am
dyk - Hi!! :-)

dyk - So this week was kind of a chill week!!

dyk - I was thankful that we didn't have alot going on!!

dyk - DH's birthday is next week so the kids and I bought birthday presents! They are all excited! :-)

dyk - Yesterday we had friends over and cooked a meal. Last night Nikolas threw up (I think he was over heated -- and both Nikolas & Mikah spent time in our bed!! So tiring!

dyk - Was gonna skip church but didn't!! DH old professor was in town to teach at the local seminary here so we wanted to say hi to him! :-)

dyk - My dress strap sadly broke -- my 10 year old dress has finally bit the dust! :-)

dyk - Have to pack for next week! So excited for a week vacation somewhere new! :-)

dyk - I made the best dessert ever -- it was a shortbread cake bottom, caramel in the middle and brownie on top!! OH MY GOODNESS.....so delcious!! :-)

dyk - I'll talk to you guys later!! :-)

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2011 - 11:48pm
dyk hey care.
dyk can't wait...have a webinar (conf. call online) for fastapps that my ipad2 is coming with on tues.
dyk can't wait to get it.
dyk my sil is home, and rested lots today....her vitals are good, and charlotte is doing great...eating 2 ounces a feed...sleeping pretty good.
dyk her and mckenna look alot alike as newborns...so will be funny to see how similar they are as she grows.
dyk mckenna has been in a growth spurt for the last two days, eating sooo much every 2 to 2.5 hours during the day, same sleep at night, knock on wood...my boobs are so empty.
dyk my fil said today he wants a heart attack to take him.
dyk the chemo is really hurting him, hard cause he isn't taking one kind, he is taking three.
dyk so insane
dyk they are looking at stopping chemo....and just having quality.
dyk horrible decision.
dyk it doesn't bring back memories, surprisingly, but I have been really emotional, and crying more for my dad....could be hormones though.
dyk shin splints are bad, but icing and stretching, so hopefully it will help
dyk we ran tonight, had been a week....so insane.
dyk but cut off time, pushed it, but gave myself a cramp, so stopped but stil beat my best time, horrible time, but working on it.
dyk thanks....was fun, we had the girls (my two neices) for four days, so was hard....but they went home yesterday, so today was just the four of us, but had friends over to swim, and then went to visit the fam. then friends over again to swim at night, and run.
dyk hope everyone has a great fourth of july tomorrow.
dyk dh was off wed, left early and home earlier cause of his dad thurs, and friday holiday.....so...been nice having him home, not for the reason...but will be weird, nolan is done school and both kids all week.
dyk care how are you? how was your weekend? how is the pregnancy going? can't believe you are in your 2nd trimester....seems to be going so fast.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 1:55pm
DYK I just got an IPad 2 and I absolutely love it?

DYK I bought DH one last xmas and decided after I kept borrowing his that I needed one? :)

DYK I hope N is feeling better and the throw-up was a fluke?

DYK where are you guys going again for your vacation?

DYK your dessert sounds delicious....YUM!
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 2:00pm
DYK I am glad you SIL is doing better?

DYK I hope she is getting lots of help as I can't imagine having to care for a newborn after all she has been through?

DYK sending lots of prayers to your FIL....it all just doesn't seem fair that the what is supposed to help cure is what makes you so sick? :(

DYK WTG on cutting your running time...yay! Take care of those shin splints! :)

DYK I hope you had a good time swimming and enjoyed some time with your DH?
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 2:07pm
DYK the weekend went by so fast..it stunk I had to work a bit?

DYK it's hard to stay motivated when you don't even get weekends off?

DYK the 4th party on Saturday was fun and my nieces and nephews loved their new puppy...he is so cute?

DYK my DH won the Texas Hold Em' tournament too...awesome!

DYK I am so missing my kids today....can't wait to pick them up....hope I don't have to work late?

DYK we have karate today.....the boys really want to move up to a gold belt so it's practice, practice! :)
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 2:10pm

DYK here is a picture of Brynn with the new puppy? :)

4th of July (14)

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-06-2011 - 10:02am
dyk sil is doing better. nurse was in yesterday ti check on her. the site of the drainage tube is really bothering her.
dyk fil was supposed to get a blood transfuision last night and supposed to be home today.
dyk he isn't ready but lots of infections and contagious illnesses going around the hospital and they said if he catches it he will die.
dyk so will be interesting.
dyk have a client tonight I am getting ready for and then going for a run.
dyk can't wait.
dyk been icing and stretching them.
dyk hope they are better tonight.
dyk supposed to have spin class tomorrow nigth but dh is out of town on a work trip thurs to fri, so no spin class for me.
dyk nolan had lessons yesterday he was doing the front stroke...big arms, breathing, face in and all.
dyk he was tired today, slept in til 9:45am...mckenna woke up at 9:30am...she grunts around 7am, dh gets her up, I ignore her and she is fine, she doesn't usually wake up.
Photobucket

Pages